1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD (kind of) - Jean&Jean

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by GastonD, May 4, 2015.

1. GastonD

GastonD

Nov 18, 2013
    Belgrade, Serbia
    I am new to this sort of thing (posting pics on TB), so excuse my meager attempt...

Jean&Jean instruments are made by a local luthier here in Belgrade, Serbia. So much local that they are now just a 15 minute walk from where I live, since I moved. Their basses are all handmade and usually start at the prices around $1100, but I was able to buy this one used from a guy who is moving abroad, so he had to sell things in a hurry. So, i paid $420, and it included the hard case, strap, 18' cable and setup tools.
    He had played in a metal-core band (his description), which tuned to drop C and it equaled a rather high action, so I took the bass to the original luthier for the setup, which cost me just around $15 :thumbsup:

Top half of the body is maple, bottom half is mahogany, 5-part neck with the rosewood fingerboard.

It happens to be my first ever bass with a real humbucker, so I am pretty excited about that sound.

Attached Files:

mbelue likes this.
  2. mbelue

mbelue

Dec 11, 2010
    That's a sharp looking bass.
    Congrats.

What's the string spacing at the bridge and not width?

3. GastonD

GastonD

Nov 18, 2013
    Belgrade, Serbia
    String spacing is your standard 19mm (3/4") I believe. I will have to check out the nut width tomorrow.

4. walldaja

walldaja

Apr 27, 2011
    Congratulations, it is a nice looking bass.