NBD (Kinda) Sexy Fender P Parts Love

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dopejohnpaul, May 12, 2021.

1. dopejohnpaul

dopejohnpaul Supporting Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Bonaire, GA
    So, I’m currently waiting patiently for some custom pieces to get back from Warmoth, so I can get back to my custom build (you’ll hear much more about this in forthcoming threads).

So in the meantime, I was doing an inventory of pieces I had laying around the house, and there were pieces I’d split off of complete basses where I sold the neck/body only. Drawers full of hardware. After assessment, I had just about everything I needed to build a complete P bass that’ll kick ass. I’ll have more pictures updated as I finish it all up, but I was just too excited to wait and share. All parts were pulled off brand new basses at some point and never touched again, except the Alder standard body which I bought brand new from Strato and stuck in a closet for. Rainy day lol. Everything is in excellent, flawless condition. Here are the deets-

-Maple Blocked & Bound P Special loaded Neck off that FSR sexy Seafoam PJ deluxe
    -Standard Alder Precision body, ordered new from Strato and was never utilized until now. I’ll be doing the drilling tomorrow.
    -Fender HiMass Bridge
    -EMG GZRs which I ordered by accident trying to get the PJ set. (That’s actually how this whole thing started). So I just kept them to be perfect for this build. Complete solderless install. It was a breeze.
    -Fender genuine chrome knobs and strap buttons
    -Fender deluxe gig bag

I spent nothing in the immediate, as I had these parts at the house, but pricing it all out as it cost me over time would be about $1000-1050 (about what the current P Specials are going for new, but with some varying features/upgrades. This bass will be a beast. Obviously it isn’t complete, so I’ll update once I get it all setup, cleaned up, and strung.

Too bad I already own 4 Ps. Something has to go. May see a FS/FT post in the future, in case anyone has a fun 5er they might wanna trade. Anyhow, enjoy my little parts baby :)

0EFC90CA-A573-4582-978B-1CD321287222.jpeg

Last edited: May 12, 2021
    StevieMac and CallMeAl like this.
  2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 24, 2022