NBD Lakland 44-64 Custom

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rycebag, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Rycebag

Rycebag

Feb 22, 2008
    Got this one off craigslist the other day. It's so much lighter than my 2008 Skyline Osborn which is awesome. It's my first P bass so I'm getting used to the rounder tone. At rehearsal's last night, I switched back and forth between the Osborn and 44-64 and I think I might take the 44-64 on tour this month and leave the Osborn behind. Although it has a jazz neck, it took a little getting used to as the neck seems a little thicker at the 1st fret. Any suggestions on some good P pickups? I love the Joe Barden pickups in my Osborn and was thinking of switching out the p pickup for Joe Barden's or maybe the Geezer Emg.

unnamed[1].jpg

2. Crusher47

Crusher47 Tattoo'ed Freak

Apr 12, 2014
    Fort Worth, TX
    Very nice, Congrats!

3. amphlett7

amphlett7

Feb 27, 2008
    Basywater, Western Australia
    Audiofly In-Ear Monitors And Headphones
    Nice catch, dude!

Love the colour.

Why do you want to change the pickups? Is there something about them you don't like?

I'm a pickup swapping fiend, too, but it's usually because I don't like something about the sound.

On to a recommendation. If you're looking for a mor modern sound I can't recommend this one enough.

Delano PMVC4 FE/M2 4 String Precision Bass Pickup - Best Bass Gear

I have one in my Parts P bass and it's really smooth with a more HiFi P bass sound.

Worth a try! Look at what Nordstrand do, too. P Rail pickup looks cool!

4. Snakeman1066

Snakeman1066 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Central Valley
    I have the Geezers in mine...if your a fan of mids...the Geezers are fantastic for that

jallenbass likes this.
  5. Rob L

Rob L

Oct 29, 2006
    Chilly ND
    I really like Duncan Antiquity’s. I have put them in a few p basses. Very happy with the tone.

Also as mentioned the EMG Geezer pickups are pretty awesome.

alack and Zoobiedood like this.
  6. alack

alack

Nov 20, 2000
    Florida
    +1 on the Duncan Antiquity P pickups. Relatively low output but very even across the frequencies. Very old-school tone. But I wouldn't change the current one unless there's something you don't like about it. Change simply for change sake can be less than satisfying.

7. Rycebag

Rycebag

Feb 22, 2008
    Whelp, don't think I'm gonna change them yet. The bass sounds amazing with the band at rehearsal tonight. Taking it on tour starting tomorrow!

8. Commreman

Commreman Faith, Family, Fitness, and Frets Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2005
    New Jersey
    Old thread, but I have the Klein Epic 62 in mine and it is MAGIC.