1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD Lakland content

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bassman7PM, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Bassman7PM

Bassman7PM

Mar 13, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Picked this one up from BassClubChicago and I must say the pictures don't do justice to the drop dead gorgeous finish. Now I just have to decide what PU/Pre I'm going to mod it with.

Attached Files:

2. That blue is just awesome! Congrats!

3. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    +1. I've seen these in person and they look great! I like this finish much better than the standard -01 tops.

4. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Upgrade to US Bartolini electronics.

5. Bassman7PM

Bassman7PM

Mar 13, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    +1, Seriously considering going with the Bartolini MK5 PUPs and 5.2AP pre and also having Lakland do the work since their local.

6. OnederTone

OnederTone Aguilar Everywhere Gold Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Thornton, CO
    Wow Debbie Downer. Do you tell new parents their babies are ugly too?

The MK-1's are fine... Live with it for a while and find out what YOU like or don't like about the electronics before you gut it.

7. Bassman7PM

Bassman7PM

Mar 13, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Hey Funky, this is actually my second 01 and was planning on modding the first one but flipped it for a Conklin GT7. The MK1's are cool but I want a more aggressive, versatile yet modern tone and the upgrade suggested should do the trick.

8. 4-string

4-string

Jul 23, 2006
    Norway
    Good looking bass!

9. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Uhhh..........the OP's words
    I made a suggestion! I also own a 55-01 and yeah, the MK1's are fine.....if you like that sound! He doesn't and neither do I. :eyebrow: What is it with you guys and the smart remarks?!?!