NBD: Lakland Deluxe 55-94

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Slpbass81, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Slpbass81

Slpbass81

Dec 16, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Endorsing: GHS Strings
    Purchased it used off Craigslist a few days ago. New condition and I couldn't turn it down for the price we agreed on. IMG_3557.jpg IMG_3556.jpg

tkonbass, Joebone, zbigniew and 14 others like this.
  2. Wow! That looks pretty sweet. Love the white case, too.

But I can never figure out Lakland's model number nomenclature....I never know what's what unless I see it...

SirMjac28 likes this.
  3. Slpbass81

Slpbass81

Dec 16, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Neither can I. I got it for half the new price and it came with a set of DR strings, Monster instrument cable, Monster speaker cable, strap, hard case. Should be easy to turn a profit if I decide to sell it in the future.

Lakland Deluxe 55-94 5-String Bass

4. NKBassman

NKBassman Lvl 10 Nerd Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Wow, considering what Monster charges for their stuff, you practically got the bass for free! ;)

Looks great, too! I'd love to get my hands on one of those some day.

Bob_Ross likes this.
  5. SirMjac28 and Fat Freddy like this.
  6. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    55-94: 55 refers to five strings; and 94 refers to 1994, the year production began on that model. On a bass like the 44-64, 44 means four string, 64 means it was inspired by the 1964 Precision. For a DJ5, it means a Daryl Jones Signature, and that it is a five string.

SirMjac28, GregC, pjbassist and 2 others like this.
  7. Bodeanly

Bodeanly

Mar 20, 2015
    Chicago
    Nice! But you're gonna need a case for that case, unless you never take it anywhere.

8. Slpbass81

Slpbass81

Dec 16, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Haha I plan on getting a gig bag. The hard case is so heavy and hard to fit into my car with the rest of my rig.

Bodeanly likes this.
  9. Thanks for that...
    The DJ5 I could figure out, though...I actually like that one a lot especially after reading everything about yours...

Dr. Cheese likes this.
  10. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    :smug: Guilty as charged!:bassist:

11. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    Nice! I always loved their quilted sunburst finish.

12. walldaja

walldaja

Apr 27, 2011
    Beautiful bass and awesome case. Considering the remark of needing a case for a case I recently got a cream colored leather trumpet gig bag which contains a black nylon bag attached to it to cover the case and keep it clean. Seriously, a beautiful bass!

13. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Albany NY
    Truly beautiful bass.....Congratulations :thumbsup:.....

Got to say that I didn't realize that they were THAT expensive new though.....WOW.....

14. interp

interp

Apr 14, 2005
    Garmisch, Germany
    Sweet bass. I've owned two 55-94's and loved em both. Enjoy!

15. basmansam

basmansam Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Vermont
    55-94:
    5: 5 string
    5: 35" scale
    94: year Dan & Hugh designed, built

Fred312b and GregC like this.
  16. EdwardofHuncote

EdwardofHuncote I Still Dream of Jeannie Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Southwest Virginia
    Congratulations & Compliments.

17. Ewo

Ewo a/k/a Steve Cooper Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Huntington WV
    I just received a Gruv Gear Sliver gig bag from Sweetwater. If you want a minimalist gig bag with decent protection (i.e., not a lot of pocket space--yet a very clever stash for the strap!--but decent padding, it's pretty nice, IMHO. Very comfortable to walk with it slung over one shoulder.

18. HiEnd Basses

HiEnd Basses

Mar 4, 2016
    Sweet! Lakland is very prestigious. Is that a USA?

19. Means2nEnd

Means2nEnd Supporting Member

noycee!!!

20. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Sometimes you're the dog, sometimes the tree Gold Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Palm Coast, FL
    Good for you! I've had my 55-94 for a long time - 18 years now! My wife bought it for me as a surprise - she checked with the staff at Bass Central to see which one I liked best and it showed up in California a couple of days after we got back here. It is a keeper on all kinds of levels - gift, great player, great tone, it just fits in the music...

Dan

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 26, 2021