NBD - Lakland Short Hollow body

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by noahw1, Apr 17, 2021.

1. noahw1

noahw1

Jul 22, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    So not actually a NBD, as I received this the day before it all went down, but here it is.

This is my first short scale and hollow body and I love it. I put some LaBella low tension flats on giving me a fat, thick tone.

One thing: when I received the bass from Bass Central, FL it had major rattling from the pickup springs. Not wanting to have to buy anything to fix it or take it to someone I reached out to Lakland customer service. Brian got back to me saying that they had heard about this in some cases and he sent me directions on how to fix the problem along with some surgical tubing to replace the springs. I wasn’t expecting much so was pleasantly surprised. After the communications I have had on here with AgedHorse and Jeff Genzler offering help with my amps when needed I took a chance with an email and Lakland responded! Nice one.
    The neck on the bass is super comfy. Lakland really knows how to make great necks. The neck on the 55-02 I owned was a dream too.
    Fit and finish are also great.
    7lbs 6 oz.
    Buttery tone. Not incredibly versatile but I can dial in a few different settings on the bass and am able to tweak those further with my amp (Genzler Magellan).
    i had to buddy out my Standing in the Shadows of Motown book to play along. Also jamming out with the Blues Brothers and Duck Dunn.
    I’m really happy.

Attached Files:

petch and kobass like this.
  2. Sprout

Sprout Gold Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2020
    Congratulations! Beautiful bass!

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021