1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD Lakland Skyline

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bunk McNulty, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Bunk McNulty

Bunk McNulty It is not easy to do simple things correctly. Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Northampton, MA
    My DJ-4 and 44-64 custom were both stolen two weeks ago. I'm rebuilding. This arrived today, just in time to make a jam with a couple friends tonight. 2003 44-60 with a nice maple neck.
    IMG_2822.

2. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Beautiful!! Congrats!! So sorry to hear about the thefts. My son got his 44-02 dlx stolen a couple years ago. That was his 16th Bday gift from me. My stomach still sinks when I think about it.

Bunk McNulty likes this.
  3. Bunk McNulty

Dec 11, 2012
    Northampton, MA
    I have learned the hard way that electric instruments are ridiculously easy to turn into cash. I filed a police report, contacted every stolen instrument registry I and some helpful TBers could think of. A local music store owner told me it's happening a lot in our region, because we have a major heroin problem. He said the junkies see the local fence, get their money, then go next door to buy junk. Sad, really. Here's a pic of the two I lost.

4. Hidesert

Hidesert

Oct 7, 2011
    Santa Fe
    Congrats on the new 44-64. Hope that you love it as much the the ones you lost.

Bunk McNulty likes this.
  5. fender68

fender68

Jun 7, 2011
    Beautiful bass!!

Bunk McNulty likes this.
  6. Bunk McNulty

Dec 11, 2012
    Northampton, MA
    We're off to a good start. Some guys I work with are doing this half-assed open mic, basically to rehearse a duo act they're planning, except maybe it'll be a trio if they find a drummer they really like. These guys are definitely thinking: They get to run auditions and actually get paid. Well, a little, but not a bad little hustle. So I went down tonight, sat in a little bit. In a club environment, running direct to the PA, no compressor, no nuthin', the bass sounded great, felt great. A little more Jazz bark/burp than the DJ-4, which had a set of Bartolinis. It's a heavy hunk of wood, but I knew going in it was gonna be 10 lbs., so I'm cool with that. More than anything else, I'm just happy to be playing again.

GregC likes this.