1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD: Lefty Custom Shop '64 Jazz Bass NOS!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Addison, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Addison

Addison This time, I didn't forget the gravy. Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Bismarck, ND
    Howdy!

This is my first NBD here on TalkBass, so I figured I'd start out with a doozie!!!

:hyper:

May I introduce to you, my lightly used Left-Handed Custom Shop '64 Jazz Bass NOS in seafoam green...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My first "real" bass was a late 80's MIJ Oly White Jazz with which I pretty much learned everything I know.

Eventually, I RUINED it when I scalloped the fingerboard (Thanks Billy Sheehan!) and sanded off the finish, taking lots of wood with it.

Since then... I've tried to replace it with various other J's, but nothing quite captured the magic of my first one...

UNTIL NOW!!

This beauty plays, feels, and sounds PERFECT... I am so completely and totally overwhelmed with joy, I can barely contain myself.

I am officially a happy camper... woooot!

I'd like to give an extra special shout-out to timmarks, because he is the cat who was able to connect me with her.

:bassist:

2. Ned Starks Head

Ned Starks Head Yis, actually.

Sep 25, 2004
    Charlotte NC
    That's a sweet lefty.....love the seafoam green.

Can certainly understand why you're happy with it. :)

Oh, and I hate Billy Sheehan BTW. ;)
    he shoulda been a guitar wanker :bag:

3. Addison

Addison This time, I didn't forget the gravy. Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Bismarck, ND
    Thanks!!!

Yeah, I went through a bit of a shredder phase...

:bag:

It certainly didn't do much for my songwriting skills, but I can finger-sweep arpeggios like nobody's business!!! :D

These days, that stuff doesn't do much for me... I certainly appreciate technical ability, but... more than anything I simply like good songs.

4. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    Quarter-sawn neck FTW!

5. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    Wow! What a beauty! Congrats!

6. Congrats - love that color.

Rickenbacker did a similar color (very limited) on their 4001 V63 bass. I always love that color!! :)

7. thats hawt!