1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD - Mayones Cali 4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CoreyI35, Dec 21, 2020.

1. CoreyI35

CoreyI35

Sep 23, 2012
    Somebody just got a brand new Mayones Cali 4. This one, as a matter of fact. And no, unfortunately, it wasn't me that got it. Somebody, somewhere, is truly enjoying my $1600+ gift to myself. While sitting 10 feet from my front door, I saw the status on the DHL page update to "delivered", which is strange because nobody had been up to my house recently. And of course, there was no package to be seen. It's been 10 days now, and DHL say the driver couldn't contact me so he signed for it himself and left it at my door. So, Happy Holidays, Mr. DHL driver. I think you took home a quality instrument. But, I wouldn't know. 20201202_123823.jpg

2. red_rhino

red_rhino Artful Dodger Gold Supporting Member

Ugh, that sucks. As someone who just acquired one of these, I can totally empathize. The "Like" button doesn't seem like an appropriate response. (Sometimes I think we need a "Hug" button on TalkBass.)

You should have some recourse if you paid via PayPal or a credit card, especially if a signature was required and it's not your signature. I hope this works out for you, and you get either the money or the bass.

CoreyI35 likes this.
  3. BassmanM

BassmanM

Feb 17, 2011
    Hamburg, Germany
    Sorry man, hope you get it sorted out!

CoreyI35 likes this.
  4. CoreyI35

CoreyI35

Sep 23, 2012
    UPDATE! I was hauling the Christmas tree out the front door and was shocked to see my Cali sitting on my front porch. The box was in good condition and didn't appear to have been opened. This thing is truly a work of art and is fun as hell to play. It's so light! I can only guess where the hell it's been for the past 16 days since it was marked as delivered. But I'm not complaining now.

Cashu, Baa and BassmanM like this.
  5. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Australia
    Probably still in his truck.
    Happy you got it in the end.

BassmanM likes this.
  6. BassmanM

BassmanM

Feb 17, 2011
    Hamburg, Germany
    Congratulations! :hyper:

And now for your pics.... ;)

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021