1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD - Mayones Patriot MM

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fliptrique, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Fliptrique

Fliptrique

Jul 22, 2002
    Szczecin, Poland
    Endorsing Artist: Mayones Guitars&Basses, Taurus Amplification
    zbysiu.
    So now I have two:)

The 4-string patriot with Big Singles/Nord 3 band pre became my main - and after a while - only instrument. It sounds great, I like it a lot and it`s extremely comfortable. So I ordered a second one, this time 5-sting.

I used to own a Patriot 5 for a few years that was great but a bit too heavy for me. The new ones have both roasted Ash Bodies and while not feather-weight, both are a solid 1kg less than my old fiver.

I went a tiny bit indulgent, and contacted Nordstrand to build me a neck pickup that is basically a half of their excellend 5.2 MM pickup. They did, and boy - does it sound good :) There is also a noticeable difference between the modern 3-band, transparent nord pre and their old school, 2-band, boost only, compressed MM pre. They`re both great but vastly different.

I`ve only managed to record a few clips due to my maudio acting up, but here they are:

thats the MM soloed, then Both pickup with the MM split (so basically two singe coils), and finally both pickups with the MM in humbucking mode.

and a crappy cellphone test of the slap tone:

patriots_1. patriots_2.

BTW - check out the flames ;)

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    4stringer711, Wisebass and nixdad like this.