1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD - Mikro impulse-purchase

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mbene085, Mar 15, 2018.

Tags:
  1. mbene085

mbene085 Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2018
    So, I went to a local music store to audition the Helix, and decided I'd indulge my curiosity about the Mikro bass. I'm a short-scale guy on guitar and bass, and I've been playing a Bass VI as my main instrument in my current band, with a Chowny SWB Pro on order to satisfy my 4-string itch. But this little thing was just so damn fun, it followed me home. They pulled it fresh out of the box for me, and the setup was surprisingly decent. Can't fault the workmanship at this price point. It blew away the also-fresh-out-of-the-box Jaguar SS I stacked it up against.

I forgot to snap a photo before work, but it's the 3-tone sunburst model.

lg_7e8c093e1c108655c3f9e09ce421dfbf.

Since I have a 4-string on the way in the form of the Chowny, and I can't leave well enough alone, I've picked up a 2.5" spaced 5-string bridge and a nut blank, and will be converting this to a narrow-spaced 5 with a high B. I also scooped up a used Alembic P/J set with preamp for a song on Reverb. This may end up being the most tricked-out Mikro in history. I haven't seen too many people using these as modding platforms?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    Gee Man likes this.