1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD MIM Jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dynamicircuitry, Nov 19, 2019.

Tags:
  1. dynamicircuitry

dynamicircuitry

Nov 19, 2019
    264DDD94-B3DE-4C27-B6D8-9BE09FCF113B.jpeg 2C491C6E-0AF4-46D2-B6C8-3A06997D6643.jpeg After great deliberation I have come home with a special edition MIM Deluxe in Ashy Goodness. In the end, It was a toss between this and the New MIA American performer in alder. ( See ash v alder) this ash appear to be the dense type? And they did such a fantastic job joining it. I'll give credit to the AP though, it had such a warm soothing tone to it. I was convinced I wanted it but my wallet prevailed. I have a feeling in time I shall be glad I stuck with the ash one. I also have a feeling I will get more than one some day...

And now for the pics!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  2. scottm

scottm Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2005
    Virginia
    That sucker is gorgeous, congratulations!

-ScottM

dynamicircuitry likes this.
  3. dynamicircuitry

dynamicircuitry

Nov 19, 2019
    Bump,

Check this out, going to give this thing the player's yosemite pickups and a vintage bridge for a lil extra style (and adjustment). I found a local Luthier who focuses on fretted instruments, so I'll have him do a full spit shine of it technically speaking.

scottm and Hachimitsu Pie like this.
  4. Sweet bass... yeah if you can get the pickups of the pro then you've got the best of both!

5. dynamicircuitry

dynamicircuitry

Nov 19, 2019
    I think theres still going to be a difference in sound because of the dense ash over alder, however I love the way this thing looks! I'm too new to bass for getting too specific about tone.

6. tindrum

tindrum

May 2, 2007
    Suffolk, VA
    The grain on that body looks killer. Congrats on your new bass!