1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD: MM Classic 5 Butter Cream

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bertbassplayer, Jan 3, 2013.

1. bertbassplayer

bertbassplayer Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2000
    Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
    Just picked this up from GC, wasn't planning on getting a bass but it was calling my name. It's got a really nice birdseye neck.

mm_zps2e21502b.gif
    mmhs_zps6dadc4ad.gif

2. sevdog

sevdog

Mar 2, 2008
    ATX
    Congrats, the Classic 5's are freaking amazing.

I have the exact same bass in the same color. I haven't regretted it once. I spend way too much time staring at the TB classifieds and all I have to do is play it to kill any level of GAS.

3. paganjack

paganjack

Dec 25, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Nice color scheme!

4. Terry_R

Terry_R

Aug 5, 2006
    Canada
    Beauty bass, had a lot of GAS lately for a classic. How are the necks? I've read that they're finished, how do you find it?

5. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Cedar Knolls, NJ
    Nice! I have been looking at a Classic White 5 for a while. Just for your information, that finish isn't "Buttercreme." That was only for the 2005 LE series.

6. bertbassplayer

bertbassplayer Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2000
    Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
    They are glossy finished, personally I prefer finished necks. I never got into standard MMs because I was never big on the oiled necks. The necks seem a tad bit thinner in the back profile than the standard MM as well. However not like super thin, it's very comfy.

Edit: Oh forgot to mention, the radius is different than a standard sting ray. The Classics have a rounder more vintage radius.

7. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I totally love that. Just what I'd get, if I were gonna get one.

8. portlandguy

portlandguy

Feb 15, 2011
    Portland, OR
    nice!

9. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Very nice Stingray!

10. phillybass101

phillybass101

Jan 12, 2011
    Artist, Trickfish Amplification Bartolini Emerging Artist, MTD Kingston Emerging Artist. Artist, Tsunami Cables
    Nice. Congrats.

11. Nothing...NOTHING beats a Stingray.

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 25, 2021