1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD! Modded future being planned :D

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MrBKerth, Jun 13, 2014.

1. MrBKerth

MrBKerth The Gypsy Bravado

Apr 20, 2013
    Texas
    Hello TB'ers, I just got a Fender Highway One (2003) in 3TSB. I picked it up to mod (and leave my current bass unmolested because it's the first nice instrument I ever bought). This bass is totally stock.

What I'd like to do to it.

Put some light and solid tuners in it (possibly with a de-tuner)

Add an aftermarket bridge. The bent plate Fender stuff is alright, but I'm such a stickler for my particular setup that being able to lock in as much as possible without loc-tite is a plus

Put in some deeper and growly pickups (I've been very interested in the Nordstrand NJ4/SE/V pickups). The current ones are useable, but are more aggressive (in a way that I personally don't find terribly pleasing), and thinner than my current Jazz's pickups.

Of course, I could be totally off the mark. I've never swapped out parts to my instruments, but this seems like a perfect situation. Hoping that by the end of this I'll have a bass that will retire my current one from active stage duty that feels like a worn in pair of boots and sounds absolutely killer.

2. MrBKerth

MrBKerth The Gypsy Bravado

Apr 20, 2013
    Texas
    Of course, no pics no bass

Attached Files: