1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD! MTD Kingston

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nakoatron, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Nakoatron

Nakoatron Supporting Member

Aug 17, 2017
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Pretty solid bass, got it for a great price and it fits in nicely!
    Not too in love with the current pre amp.. ive got an aguilar obp3 coming in for my red corvette to replace the audere.. and if i like it i will order another for this bass. Bassfamily.

NigelD likes this.
  2. ezstep

ezstep

Nov 25, 2004
    north Louisiana
    I had one for years. I loved the neck on it. Very ergonomic. Asymetrical (thicker front-to-back near the bottom of the neck than the top of the neck), neck got wide as the hands go up.... I could play a four-hour gig with it and was ready to continue playing. No hand cramps, no issues whatever.

Edit: Yeah, I said that backwards. The neck is thinner along the bottom of the neck (toward the ground) than the thicker neck along the top (toward the sky) when measured front-to-back. Very comfortable neck.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    Nakoatron likes this.
  3. Systolic

Systolic Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Madison,Wisconsin
    Yep, the Kingston line is wonderful. I've had a Z6 and a Z5 as my main players for a while now. GAS has struck and I'm selling my Z5, but they are indeed fantastically comfortable and well playing instruments.