1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD! MusicMan Content....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PortlandBass77, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Found a killer deal at a low traffic pawn shop that I couldn't resist! Sold my double neck and bought me a great condition MusicMan Stingray Classic! And yes, it plays as good as it looks ;)

IMG_20170113_223627. IMG_20170113_223636. IMG_20170113_223648. IMG_20170113_223659.

2. 2cooltoolz

2cooltoolz Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Lake Conroe, TX
    That's a beauty!! I'm not a Stingray guy, but something about the Classics just keeps calling my name. I'm pretty sure there's one in my future!!

Congratulations, and enjoy!!

PortlandBass77 likes this.
  3. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    They don't call it a Classic for nothing!:thumbsup:

4. These White/Maple combos are very sleek! Congrats on that beautiful instrument!

5. NealBass

NealBass Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2014
    Ontario
    A classy classic! What year?
    Congrats on a nice score!! :thumbsup:

6. Crusher47

Crusher47 Tattoo'ed Freak Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Fort Worth, TX
    Awesome score! Huge fan of white myself. Congrats and Enjoy!

7. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    We definitely need more pawn shops!

8. I think 2005? This is the first time I've owned a MusicMan instrument, and I'm just assuming from the serial # starting with 05...

EDIT: seems as EB doesn't use any logically numbering system for their serial numbers. Mine looks to be from January 2010 if I am understanding the info correctly...

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
    NealBass likes this.

9. I think the classics came out in 2009 and this one defiantly would be a early one. The reason being is it has a waxed neck, that was done at the start for a small quantity and then all classics since have high gloss necks. Most stingrays have a sticker with the date of manufacture on the bottom of the preamp pots.

NealBass and PortlandBass77 like this.
  10. AngelCrusher

AngelCrusher Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2004
    Mesa Boogie, Tech 21, Taylor
    I just got my classic yesterday. Mine has flame maple neck and the nut is not like yours. But the first classic I played was like yours and it got me the bug. I will need to look up the year on mine.