1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD - my custom build has arrived!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by colantalas, Dec 27, 2016.

1. colantalas

Mar 26, 2014
    A few months ago, my family told me they were having a friend of my brother's build me a custom bass as a Christmas present. Needless to say I was over the moon happy and excited, and I had a very positive experience working with Brian Walton of Spiritus Guitars, the builder. We collaborated on specs and design - I had a good idea what I wanted, and he helped fill in the gaps with his own expertise. Christmas has come and gone, and the bass has arrived! It's SO GOOD, you guys. The craftsmanship and playability are out of this world, and the sound I want is just THERE - fat, punchy lows with a healthy amount of grind on the top end. I've dubbed it the Ohmega- I can't wait to bring it to band practice, and start gigging it next year!

Here's a list of specs:
    Hipshot tuners and bridge
    Maple neck with wedge stripes
    Maple fingerboard
    Swamp ash body
    35" scale
    Nordstrand Big Singles pickups
    Aguilar OBP-3 preamp with active/passive switch and mid boost

I wanted to put my own spin on the "Jazz on steroids" formula, and it came out very well. Plugged into an amp and my home recording setup and this thing cooks. Enjoy the pictures!

Attached Files:

2. Gougedeye

Gougedeye Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Central Washington
    That looks cool, man! Congrats!
  3. JRA

JRA what key? Supporting Member

hey...congratulations on your new instrument! have great fun! :thumbsup:
  4. Nice looking "SuperJazz" - really like the maple board with the black inlays, on the black body. Great Christmas present.