1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD: My favorite Ric is a Spector!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by diegom, Feb 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Ok, don't shoot me yet...
    After wanting a Spector for a while, I found a good deal on eBay for a neck-thru Korean ns-2000. Active electronics were removed and the pickups poorly wired. The action was high, intonation was way off... Short story: After cleaning, new strings and a proper setup, this bass has become my soulmate! Feels perfect sitting or on a strap, great balance. Enough gushing!
    One of the things I noticed is the aggressive Ricky sound I get out of it, playing by the bridge. Mind you, I am SURE this is NOT everyone's opinion of what a Ric should sound like, but I found MY ideal Ric sound in this bass. Bonus points is that I can slap and play this bass comfortably. I could do neither with an actual Ric. That was one of my big frustrations: I loved the Ric sound, but I could not play it. Something didn't quite fit for me...

Now off to take some pictures so I can join the club!

Diego

2. Mediocrity Man

Mediocrity Man Master of Mediocrity Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2014
    Stillwater, New Jersey
    You now have an aggressive modern tone in a much more ergonomic package. Ric's sound good and look cool but they feel clumsy to me. Now just imagine how awesome the Euro and US models feel and sound. :)

diegom likes this.
  3. DigitalMan

DigitalMan Wikipedia often mistakes my opinions for fact Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2011
    If the active electronics were removed is it now passive-aggressive?

4. Good one! That's how will describe my bass from now on!!!