1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD! (My first Squier! and bonus Peavey G***** content)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Din Of Win, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Hey TB,

I hope 'yall had a great Halloween weekend!

Yesturday, Halloween proper, my favorite MD music shop, Atomic Music, had a ginormous sale! So, i took some things down to trade in, and left any REAL cash at home...

After trading a few pedals and an unused cab, i had $250 to work with... and MAN, i feel like i totally made out like a bandit!

First: After my writeup a few weeks ago about my bassgazing experiences at CMJ fest in NYC, i was REALLY GASing for a short scale (If you didn't read the post, 18 of the 34 (IIRC) bassists played Mustangs/Musicmasters). Well, wouldn't you know it?! Atomic had a 70's musicmaster!! I tried it out and... soooorta liked it. Its output was weak and the action was pretty botched. Also, with a $600 price tag, it was well over my $250. sadface.jpg

Well, after perusing the rest of the basses... low-and behold, i see THREE more short scales. One was a pointy stock Kramer... buuut, i have two P/Js already, so that was a pass. Next was an Aria EB-3 short scale copy... HOLY CRAP it was beautiful, and played great... BUT, out of my price range again. Last... a lil' red Squier Bronco bass. With the same type of bullet pickup (i think) as the Musicmaster, i actually got to A-B them against one another!! The ONLY thing that was better on the musicmaster was the neck... the Squier feels, sounds, and plays AMAZINGLY!

So, after a bit of finnagling, i got the lil' Bronco bass at a steal, for $75. This is my FIRST ever Squier, and i'm super impressed. I may swap the neck when i get a chance... but certainly not a priority for now.

Well... that accounted for part of the $250... the rest:

I got a nifty lil' Line6 POD so i have something i can practice with headphones. My roommates were happy about this purchace :D

Lastly... In what i feel was my best steal of the day, an early 90's US made Peavey Reactor guitar. It's a Telecaster body, and has thee most phoenominal action i have ever played!!! I talked 'em down to $90 for it!!! :eek:

They actually had a FEW awesome Peaveys for AWESOME prices... i tried REALLLY hard to talk a lil' punk kid into buying the US Peavey Patriot bass... but... his words, "i can't be in a punk band with a bass called a 'patriot'"... yep... also a couple sweet Dyna basses, a Foundation and a BEAUTIFUL MidnightWine T40.

Pics when i gets home!

2. PS... if anyone has any fun Bronco mod ideas/pics to share, i'm in need of some inspiration!!

3. KramerBassFan

KramerBassFan

Jan 3, 2009
    The Kramer was not short scale, unless it had an aluminum neck. :)