NBD! NBD! NBD! Lakland Alert! 44-60 Joe Osborne

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mookev2, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Mookev2

Mookev2

Mar 17, 2018
    Tucson, AZ
    I just bought a BEAUTIFUL Lakland 44-60 Joe Osborne from Jedi Bass! Thanks, man. I have been GASing for this particular bass since I saw it posted on TB many years ago. The first time I saw that beautiful Markus Orange finish, and those handsome Chi-Sonic pickups - well, it took my breath away.
    Shucks, I'm just an old hack pounding out Christian worship songs every Sunday - I don't really DESERVE a beautiful professional bass like this.... Heck with that! I paid the price of admission ($$) to the Lakeland club and now I'm a PROUD participant.
    Doesn't seem fair that the newest guy on TB has the prettiest bass - and the prettiest bass case too!
    I played it for the first time last Sunday - and it was all I could do to keep from giggling while I played. This bass has a sweet, polite voice. It instantly made me a better player. I look forward to growing with this instrument.
    Here's some pics:
    By the way, this bass already has a reputation and a name.......MOJO. Stands for Markus Orange and Joe Osborne.
    Man, am I a proud new owner.

Sincerely, Mookev2
    P.S.: Thanks, JediBass for taking these pics!
    markusorange3.jpg markusorange2.jpg markusorange.jpg markusorange4.jpg

2. Mark76

Mark76

Dec 1, 2015
    Leicester
    How is that pronounced, Lackland or Lakeland? And what's the origin of the name?

3. alembicbones

alembicbones

Nov 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    Stunningly cool bass. Enjoy!

Bones

4. Woooahh! Beautiful drool Congratulations, that's a keeper for sure.

5. petch

petch Gold Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    Wowza!! Totally awesome bass... rock it, brother!!:hyper:

6. scuzzy

scuzzy

Feb 15, 2006
    Troy, MO
    That is purdy. And I still pronounce it lackland, although I know better. Old habits die hard....

7. Mookev2

Mookev2

Mar 17, 2018
    Tucson, AZ
    Per Wikipedia: The Lakland was founded by bassist Dan Lakin and luthier Hugh McFarland in 1994, the company's name, pronounced "lake-land", is a blend of "Lakin" and "McFarland", the surnames of its founders.
    I'm pretty sure they want it pronounced Lake-land, as there is a bar over the "a" indicating it is pronounced "AY"
    Thanks for askin!

GregC likes this.
  8. GregC

GregC Questlove, Black Thought, Hamilton Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    NC
    Congrats! I’ve always loved this bass from afar. And it was owned by two standup guys, so I’m sure it’s still in excellent shape. Some of those pics are from Markus’ floor, no doubt.

9. Mookev2

Mookev2

Mar 17, 2018
    Tucson, AZ
    True about the floor - I stole those pictures from JediBass' listing on Reverb.
    And condition - it was "newer" than any "new" bass that I've owned - it was (is) immaculate.
    I plan on playing it weekly though.
    Thanks -

10. BEAUTIFUL bass!!! Great color. I have a Skyline DJ4 on the way. First Lakland I will be owning. How do you like the sound/tone of those Chi pickups. Do they get a more "modern" tone? I have read the clarity with them is awesome! Congratulations on the bass. What a beauty!

11. NoSlapForYou

NoSlapForYou

Jan 9, 2019
    Durham, NC
    As cool as that bass is, the case is just as striking.

I want a Lakland badly. The current one I'm coveting is the Lakland Skyline 44-64 in Ice Blue.

12. WOW!!! Awesome bass! Congratulations!