1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD/NCD: Yamaha BB435 and MESA Subway Ultralight 1x12

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by foolforthecity, Apr 22, 2018.

1. foolforthecity

foolforthecity Supporting Member

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Wow, this is a nice bass! I wanted to dabble in a five-string last week but my son had my only fiver in another town some distance away, so I started looking around for something in the $500-$750 range and I kept coming back to this 435. 9.8 lbs. Thin neck front to rear, less than 1.7" width at nut.

The Mesa cab is beautiful in voicing and has a good solid thump. I'm not sure I'll need another but my OCD will probably force me to get a second cab fairly soon. I came across this one with cover in truly mint condition for $500 so I couldn't help myself.

BassFace13 and cmcbass like this.
  2. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Very nice choices on both. Congrats.
    FWIW, one plug & play gig we did as a Country band had a Walkabout that I used. An impressive little box indeed!

3. imenator

imenator

Jul 24, 2017
    How do you like this bass so far? I am debating myself between this Fender Player P bass (MIM 2018) but this seems to be be more value for less money.

4. foolforthecity

foolforthecity Supporting Member

Sorry for the late response, Imenator, I overlooked it... I love this bass! Front to rear, top to bottom. Mine has great build quality and I just love the feel. Can't speak to the Fender Player but I did have a Fender Am Dimension that I didn't care for in comparison. YMMV of course