NBD: "New" 2013 MIM P Bass in LPB.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MCF, Mar 12, 2017.

1. MCF

MCF

Sep 1, 2014
    US
    IMG_0015.JPG So work took me to Redding, CA last Wednesday. If I have time, I often check out local music stores when I'm out of town for business. I walked into Herreid Music. The employees and owner were very nice.

It had a red tag on it that read $407.00. Not a nick or scratch on it. Neck and fretwork looked and felt fine. The protective plastic was still on the pickguard and it was clean and clear. So, I plugged it into a Rumble 500 combo and played on it for awhile. Very nice, even with aged stock strings. A check with a tuner confirmed that the intonation was spot on.

So I bought it. Another impulse buy that means I'll have to wait a while longer for the Ric I want. The owner gave me a set of Hybrid Slinky's (which I'll use on another bass) and I bought a $9.99 basic On Stage stand. Out the door with tax for everything came to $445.75. Since it is new from an authorized dealer, it is covered by the Fender Warranty. And the shop offers courtesy adjustments for a year, although I take care of my own setups and won't be using that service.

I took it home, lowered the action a tad and gave the truss rod an eighth of a turn to make the neck nice and straight the way I like it. After playing it for a couple of hours yesterday, I'm really happy with it. It'll be getting a set of flats and I'll remove the pickguard plastic once I decide Chromes or something different.

And here it is with cousin PJ:

IMG_0016.JPG

JHandley, tzohn, ivorytower and 6 others like this.
  2. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

Nice buy! Play it well. :thumbsup:

MCF likes this.
  3. garp

garp

Feb 7, 2009
    Connecticut USA
    Congrats!
    "A circumstance beyond our control..."
    Back on the Chain Gang, The Pretenders (1984)

MCF likes this.
  4. MCF

MCF

Sep 1, 2014
    US
    Yep, that's what I tell my wife.

And thanks for the reminder to be careful about what's in the background of pictures I post!

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 21, 2021