1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD, New EBMM x 2 due in today... wasn't on purpose....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by armybass, Oct 7, 2017.

1. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    So I was looking on American Musical at the EBMM 40th Ann Old Smoothie.... I had been trying to fight the urge but at last I gave in. I ordered it on their website and waited for a shipping notification which never came. So on Wednesday night I call and they tell me it is back ordered..... ugh. Well I cant wait so I was gonna cancel the order... but there has been so much buzz about the passive EBMM that on a whim I changed my order to a Caprice and got all excited again.

Well later that night I saw someone say that Sweetwater carries EBMM.... my fingers quickly walked me to their site and low and behold.... they had Old Smoothie in stock in my color even. Well I ordered it with full intention of canceling the Caprice in the morning.... which I just could not make myself do.

So today I am expecting Fedex to deliver two new EBMM basses. In all my years as a gear ho, this is a first even for me.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  2. wizard65

wizard65

Sep 1, 2014
    Awesome, should be a fun day!

3. armybass

Jul 19, 2001
    F31FC481-AB75-46F1-ABA8-0CF3492A7FE0. D5F60D64-7EB2-4FAA-A5EC-D266C7D14616. D32859A0-CD03-4D34-8415-FEFA694C5E04. BEB0C9DC-11CF-4196-BE00-1212A4C5A616. AC85AB57-369B-43BC-8258-8F64758A9566. 766DF6C2-E5D4-4DC9-8685-C2C9E27AB480. AECC0645-6E78-413E-9C42-B0BB114C4171. The festivities have begun. Thinking of taking them both to my gig tonight.

davedblyoo, liverbird, Baa and 20 others like this.
  4. lowdownthump

lowdownthump

Jul 17, 2004
    My 2 favorite MusicMan basses!!
    Nice color choices!!
    I enjoy my Caprice . Great passive bass.

armybass likes this.
  5. Congratulations - awesome.

What colour is that Classic - looks paler than powder blue - looks great though.

lowdownthump likes this.
  6. armybass

Jul 19, 2001
    It’s called mint green. Very subtle though. But it looks gorgeous in person.

lowdownthump likes this.
  7. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I had not seen an Old Smoothie in that color before! I love it! Between that Old Smoothie and Caprice, you have about five Christmases worth of goodness!:bassist:

TrentB, scuzzy and lowdownthump like this.
  8. wheelsup247

wheelsup247 Supporting Member

Don't take the sea foam green one to the gig!

9. scuzzy

scuzzy

Feb 15, 2006
    Troy, MO
    dang, that's a fun day right there!

i'll drink some Laphroaig Cairdeas to your honor this evening!

Neviegirl, armybass and Dr. Cheese like this.
  10. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    Beautiful basses, Congrats!

lowdownthump, armybass and Dr. Cheese like this.
  11. tat2clod

tat2clod

Nov 19, 2011
    Bloomington IN
    Congrats on the acquisitions, your a better man than me waiting on one is about all I an take little alone two enjoy.

lowdownthump, armybass and Dr. Cheese like this.
  12. bobalu

bobalu

Oct 1, 2004
    above the 49th
    Yowza! I want an Old Smoothie so bad but the only one I'm getting is by using a laxative.:( Those are two beauty basses you have there, enjoy!

Maxfenderbass, rocu, wmmj and 2 others like this.
  13. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 Supporting Member

Jul 5, 2010
    SoCal
    I had an old smoothie in that color for a few weeks. The best playing stingray Ive ever had, but ultimately couldnt justify keeping it. Lovely instruments.

lowdownthump likes this.
  14. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Ya done real nice there. Congrats.

armybass likes this.
  15. Volunteerk9

Volunteerk9

Oct 20, 2015
    I walked into a local music store - was in the late 80's - and the bass tech that worked there was all excited playing a bass that I couldnt see where I was at. He told me that I should buy one because they sounded and played incredible. So, I leaned over and saw my first ever Musicman. It was the ugliest thing ever and why would they be so dumb to use a 3+1 on the headstock? It didnt have a point on it anywhere, didnt come tiger striped or neon pink and neither Nikki Sixx nor Bobby Dahl had been pictured playing one. No thank you

Fast forward to 2017...I have an MM and a Sub - both black in color and nary a point on either. Lol I wished that I had bought a MM then. Instead, I walked out with a Jackson because it met the pointy headstock and neon color requirement.

The disclaimer is: I really would like to have a Dingwall NG2 in any of the bright colors offered and am currently trying to talk myself out of a Bongo 5.

armybass likes this.
  16. kinopah

kinopah Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Dang dude. Hard to beat that NBD.
    Super rad!

armybass and lowdownthump like this.
  17. Treebeard

Treebeard Supporting Member

Jun 5, 2016
    Raleigh, NC
    Bear Light Symphony (bassist/vocalist)
    i-like-both.
    Both are two thumbs up for me!

armybass likes this.
  18. nonohmic

nonohmic Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2005
    ABQ, NM.
    That burst looks awesome! Enjoy

19. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    I don't like brown, burst, or tort.... but that Caprice looks freeeeeeeking awesome! The Stingray, too.

Congrats! Have fun, and make sure you re-EQ your amp when switching basses :). Those are two wildly different animals. I think maybe even one is a dog and the other a car or something.

20. Why do something so terrible? You need a Bongo 5 - everyone does - better yet, a Bongo 6.