1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD: NS Radius

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by brianrost, Mar 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    NS%20Radius%20CR4%20Charcoal%20angle.

Got one of these yesterday. As a long time Steinberger player I had been jonesing for one for a while, once I had a chance to play one it was an easy decision. I did spend some time waffling over 5 vs. 4 but the price was right so 4 it is...

djaxup, Nobody, scourgeofgod and 9 others like this.
  2. Raw N Low

Raw N Low If I can't hear it, hopefully I'll feel it Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Denver, Colorado
    Congrats. I love the contour of the bass. Kinda like a strat and a steinberger

3. DigitalMan

DigitalMan Wikipedia often mistakes my opinions for fact Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Nice score. Been trying to find a place to check one of those out.

4. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    That's gorgeous I've been eyeing one of these myself and I love the string changing system it's ingenious.

5. OP, ever have a chance to compare this Steinberger bridge to Hipshot's new headless system? I thought about the Radius a bit other than wanting 6 strings and a little hesitant to get something with hardware I can't easily replace like my Steinberger guitar. I used to own a Kubicki back in the day, too.

6. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Beautiful! I dig the Satin Charcoal.

7. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Why have I not seen these before? That thing looks great!

8. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    Very cool!

Congrats!

9. I saw one at bass central...so pretty but it's out of my price range.

10. Gougedeye

Gougedeye Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Central Washington
    Whoa! That looks pretty cool!

11. Feralhog

Feralhog

Dec 29, 2014
    NH
    None
    That's a CR correct? Was eyeballing the WAV4........

12. Congrats!

I've been wishing Santa would bring me a five string ever since reading a review in BP magazine a few years ago.

Even though I'll never have one, please update this thread in a year so I know what you think. It's beautiful!

13. Yup. Fancy top and two magnetic pickups? CR. Single magnetic PU and solid finish? WAV.

14. Feralhog

Feralhog

Dec 29, 2014
    NH
    None
    Arrrggghhhhh......second thoughts on the MIA precision.....thanks..............

Anyone seen or tried the WAV 4?

15. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    I played that one at Bass Central a few weeks ago. I thought it was fantastic. Very light, super comfortable neck/body, and a very resonant "piano like" (BNW anyone?) acoustic tone. Almost pulled the trigger on it. Still might. Congrats on this one.

16. I'm not a big fan of headless but I like the fact the neck doesn't end right at the nut and there is a volute.

17. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Very nice! I miss my old XM2A, one of these is very tempting. I'm waiting to see if they offer a five string verion of their less expensive model, I'm a single pickup kinda guy.

18. I have one of these. I love the piezo pickup. String changes are a breeze.

That colour is beautiful!