NBD: Oh Mighty Lord...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Camarillo, Jun 8, 2021.

1. ...what an incredible sound and feel in those vintage Ibanez basses!
    After the lucky discover of a RS924 this January, another great shot (in my opinion).
    I traded a Sire V7 for it (adding money) and some of you will disagree whit this move, but...I feel at home with my new Musician MC924 in Polar White.
    It's an 1984, with some scars, but in perfect working condition.
    I always considered myself as a passive Fender guy, Precision oriented, and I was on the path to discover some Yamaha Pulser, Tokai, all that Fujigen pre legacy copies, and the alerts for the topic "bass japan" guided me into the (vintage) Ibanez world.
    I have to admit that probably, this is the best bass I ever played (along with my japanese 91 Fender Precision).
    Stunning neck, balanced weight (I was expecting another 16 tons piece of wood like the RS924 but the MC series are clearly superior even in that), extremely useful active electronics. I absolutely love the passive tone know it's not excluded with the active eq on.
    Well, I wrote too much. Pictures...

EYWT4429.JPG VMKJ6474.JPG GCHJ1348.JPG JUST8782.JPG

2. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

nice looking ax! if it feels good to play it = you win! i also gotta believe that as far as a variety of sounds are concerned: you're covered --- congratulations on your new instrument! :thumbsup:

Camarillo likes this.
  3. Ibanez made some great instruments back in the day back before they got the beginner instrument label. Congrats!

Camarillo likes this.
  4. Ah and I forget to mention...24 frets, ebony fretboard and wonderful people pearl dots

5. What a beauty! Loving two 80's Roadstar basses, I wouldn't mind inspecting this one closely.

Have you seen this video?

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 28, 2021