1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD! (On layaway)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BrianToska, Oct 10, 2013.

1. BrianToska

BrianToska

Jan 14, 2013
    Houston, TX
    So I went into my favorite local shop here in Houston to get some picks for an acoustic gig I have this weekend and of course I had to go upstairs to the bass room. I didn't see anything that I could afford (there is a vintage P bass and a vintage Horner there) but as soon as I went to the other side of the room I spotted this Squier II Precision. I had never played on before today but I've heard only good thugs about them, especially the necks. Long story short, I went downstairs, put it on layaway, had them switch out the tort guard they gave me for free and then went back upstairs to play it some more. ImageUploadedByTalkBass1381455278.081504. ImageUploadedByTalkBass1381455289.547419.

2. BrianToska

BrianToska

Jan 14, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I'll be picking it up next week and I'm super excited for some reason. I still haven't found out what year it's from, so if anyone wants to help out with that be my guest. In the meantime I'll be researching myself

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Nice! I also have heard great things about those. Enjoy it! I think Juan Alderete recorded with one of those before.

4. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Parsippany, NJ
    Nice burn on the headstock. Adds nothing but COOOOOOOL.

5. jd-ns

jd-ns

Sep 28, 2010
    Canada
  6. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate

Aug 14, 2009
    Alabama
    Congrats on your 'new' bass!

7. BrianToska

BrianToska

Jan 14, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Thanks guys! I don't know too much about which squiers are worthy and which ones are unwanted (except the CV and VM series, everyone loves them). It sounded great through the line 6 head and 2x10 cab I used at the shop. Definitely a different P sound than my 70s reissue. I think I'm just going to use it a a modding platform.

8. spaz21387

spaz21387

Feb 25, 2008
    Portland oregon
    E9 means eightys and first number is the year so 89. I had an 89 sammick made one that was great although it had larger tuning pegs.

9. BrianToska

BrianToska

Jan 14, 2013
    Houston, TX

I'm probably going to get new tuners for it. This is a blank slate in opinion and I'm going to try some new things with it (modding wise)