1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD on the way... Epi EB-3!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by zachoff, Nov 12, 2010.

1. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
    congrats! nice looking bass.
    it's funny that the epi looks more like a real gibson EB3 than the Gibson SG bass with its four knobs and chicken head pickup selctor.

2. I had an early-mid 70's Gibson EB-3L and it had that chicken-head knob.

3. johnk_10

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
    all the vintage EB3's had them.

4. I seem to remember, though, that it had more than three settings, and I could never figure out how exactly it worked.

5. johnk_10

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
  6. What did the inductor do?

7. Biggest difference is that the Epi is 34" scale, while the EB-3's and SG basses are 30.5" scale. All the difference if the world in how they feel & play. Chicken head pickup selector notwithstanding.

8. KramerBassFan

KramerBassFan

Jan 3, 2009
    I just wish they made these in short scales. That is my ONLY gripe with these basses...

9. Funny because I wouldn't have bought it if it were a short scale. I've played a couple of the EB-0s and I didn't like them nearly as much as this one.

10. KramerBassFan

KramerBassFan

Jan 3, 2009
    The Epiphone EB-0 is a entirely different beast. Different neck joint, and body woods.

And to be honest... i just want another short scale bass. :bag:

11. The Ibanez AGB200s are sweet. If I wanted a new shorty, I'd get that for sure. I played the Allen Woody sig last week too and didn't like it as much as the Ibby.

12. KramerBassFan

KramerBassFan

Jan 3, 2009
    My only full short scale is a Aluminum necked Kramer, but i do have a Medium scale Teardrop bass... :smug: