1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD: Orange O Bass - A Prize!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by junglejimuk, Nov 19, 2020.

Tags:
  1. junglejimuk

junglejimuk

Feb 28, 2019
    So BassPlayer magazine had a 400th issue competition, with lots of prizes, which was mostly a answer one question, get entered into a prize draw type thing. And I won, and not only did I win, but also I didn't have my usual luck of winning a pack of plectrums, I actually won a bass! Woot. For two weeks I was hoping I'd won the Fender 60th Anniversary Jazz bass, going to sleep at night with fingers crossed, ooozing positive thoughts about Fender..but no, I'd won an Orange O Bass. Oh.. O.. Hey hey stop sniggering at the back. It's a decent bass.. ish.. It sounds awesome and the finish is surprisingly good. But.. It has a super wide neck, way wider than my PBass. And the pickups, well you'da thought they could have lined them up better. Sounds like I'm complaining doesn't it.. For something that's free. Man - I'm a bad person ;-) It's not a keeper..
    8.jpg

Attached Files:

• 11.jpg
      11.jpg
      File size:
      906.1 KB
      Views:
  2. the pickup/string alignment can be fixed by moving your camera slightly to the left.

I admire all the natural light in your home!

Yahboy and junglejimuk like this.
  3. Well some people have all the luck! They are very retro looking, sort of Hofner Club meets Precision.

junglejimuk likes this.
  4. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

i'm sure the pickups are fine. they don't need to look a particular way to their job! i'd play it just as it is --- or i'd rip the frets out and really rock it! congrats on your free ax! :thumbsup:

JimmyThunder and junglejimuk like this.
  5. Yahboy

Yahboy

May 21, 2008
    Congrat!!
    This Orange sound great with aggressive pick style playing.

+1
    Factory pickups placement are off align. Not crook bridge assembly.

Vinny_G and junglejimuk like this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 14, 2021