1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD - Orange O Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Oren Hudson, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    View attachment 2854873 View attachment 2854884 View attachment 2854873 View attachment 2854884 Until recently, I'd never heard of the "O" bass. I saw some info, including a nice demo, and was fairly impressed with what I read and heard. I then saw one of them for sale on CL that peaked my interest, so I did research that turned up as all positive. Met with the owner and immediately liked the overall look and feel. Then it was plugged in through a nice Hartke stack and the fun began. Highly impressive playing bass, way more than I was expecting. As the playing went on, the likes just kept going up, so this ORANGE O bass became my 12/23 birthday present. I've played it a bunch and have found nothing that I don't like. The owner had put P-Bass PU covers over the PU's and the bridge. The PU one looked OK, but I didn't care for the bridge one at all. To get it to fit, he had bent it in a huge arch that looked like a half moon. These basses come with 2 PG's, white and tortoise. He had the white one on with the covers. I liked the white, but upon removing the PU cover, I found the expected holes, but with an extra one where he'd messed up. Anyway, I chose to put the tortoise one on with no holes and no cover. I dug around in the parts bin and found a cover that I thought looked terrific over the bridge as well as cover up those holes in the wood without bending it in half. Other than a very minor adjustment on the E string height, this thing plays amazingly and is top notch quality. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me. :)

Before -

View attachment 2854873

View attachment 2854873 View attachment 2854873

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  2. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    I heard they're a lot of bass for the money.

3. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    I continue to be impressed after playing it a lot over the last several days.

jd56hawk likes this.
  4. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    I have yet to see one hanging up at Guitar Center (90 basses at my local one) Sam Ash, 8th Street Music, or any of the other stores by me…and I usually try out between 50 and 60 basses a year!

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  5. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    That's a pretty good average. I believe that the seller told me that he got this one from Sweetwater 2 or 3 months ago.

jd56hawk likes this.
  6. JeffJ2112

JeffJ2112 Gold Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2016
    Nowhere Indiana
    Still happy with it?

I'm thinking of getting one very soon.

7. Wisebass

Wisebass

Jan 12, 2017
    Lost in Space
    Hi Oren Hudson :)

Happy birthday to you too! ;)

Please check your pics! I can 't see anything! And the view atachment links 2854... don 't work. :(:crying:

"Orange O" gets a....

thGBI18ZLN.

carrot cake!!!!

greetings

Wise(b)ass

edit: sorry I am soooooo late to the party!

8. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    Still totally happy with it. Recall the previous owner putting covers on it and drilled holes in the PG. I contacted the USA Orange folks about a replacement PG. Very nice guy that I spoke with. It took a few weeks, but he came through with a new one and didn't charge me anything. Serious customer service! :)

indieandrew11 and JeffJ2112 like this.
  9. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    Thanks for the BD wishes and carrot cake. the only thing that would make it better for this chocoholic would be chocolate frosting! I don't know why the pics went away like that. Never had that happen before. I'll try and repost the next chance I get. :thumbsup:

Wisebass likes this.