1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD (p-bass & Warmoth content)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ericw, Apr 8, 2010.

1. ericw

ericw

Aug 19, 2009
    Hagerstown, MD
    Well, here it is. Fender MIJ P-bass body (bought on TB), Dimarzio DP122 (bought on TB), and the crowning piece - Warmoth p-width, maple/maple tele neck with little wee frets and no inlays. Hipshot tuners, Dunlop strap locks, Squier pickguard, CTS 500k pots, Orange Drop .47 etc...

This thing feels amazing. The neck feels exactly perfect for me. I was worried it might be too wide because I was starting to mind my T-45 (which is the same width), but it feels great, maybe it is the radius (the T-45 is very flat) or the extra thickness front to back but I love it. I've got ghs boomers on it and the Dimarzio's sound AWESOME :hyper:

Unfortunately the knobs that came with the body don't fit the CTS pots sooo... just ignore that.

2010_04_08_IMG_999_3_web.

2. Mr. Pickles

Mr. Pickles Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Dutchess County, NY
    Looks sharp, brother. Play the heck out of it.:bassist:

3. I dig.

4. looks sweet man.

5. VERY nice!!

How do you like the warmoth maple fretboard? what finish did you go with?

6. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Love the neck, but not blown away by the black pickguard on blue; the light color of the neck causes the blue to kind of fade for me. Maybe a white or white pearloid pickguard?

7. Assumer

Assumer

Mar 26, 2003
    Arkansas
    Love the color!!

8. ericw

ericw

Aug 19, 2009
    Hagerstown, MD
    Thanks for all the comments guys!

I like the board. I don't know what to say about the fretboard specifically - the profile of the neck is what I'm really in love with. I went with the clear satin nitro. It is very... satin-ny - almost feels unfinished. Also I went with the small 6230 frets which I also am enjoying

The neck was a little lighter in color than I expected, which might play into what you're talking about. I wanted to steer clear of a white PG because I feel like the black gives it a little more edge. I do have bridge and pickup covers, which I may think about adding and which might spice things up a little bit. Here is my inspiration for the build:

Squier_PBass.

9. Nah totally dig the black!