1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD - Peavey Content

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Runnerman, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Runnerman

Runnerman Registered Bass Player Supporting Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Guys.
    Just got home with this about an hour ago. Nice near mint white USA Peavey Fury faded to a really nice cream. Pictures don't do it justice as usual. Included was original HSC.

Great player, and nicely set up but it will need a few tweaks to make it "mine".
    Planning on using it live with an alternate tuning we do on a few songs.

full.

2. garp

garp

Feb 7, 2009
    Connecticut USA
    Nice! Congrats.

3. Foamy

Foamy

Jun 26, 2006
    Sac Area
    Pretty. I love that color. Reminds me of my Made in USA Squier Bullet Deluxe.

4. ack

ack Why Can't We All Get Along?

Nov 19, 2006
    Somewhere near Raleigh
    Well done. The Fury is a real nice P-bass. Enjoy.

5. Doctor_Clock

Doctor_Clock The Moon Machine Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2013
    Brooklyn, NY
    Congrats, great looking bass!! See you in the US Peavey Club

6. Runnerman

Mar 14, 2011
    Thanks guys. I've been looking for the right one for a long time. I wanted one unmolested and original in as close to new condition as possible. I've been playing it for the last hour or so and it really has a nice neck. No dead spots or bad frets.

7. a_ribbon

a_ribbon

Apr 10, 2008
    nice bass! congrats. :cool:

8. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Looks really nice. Congrats.

9. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Boston, MA
    Very nice.

Ok, someone has to be the guy who asks, so - how much did you pay for it?

10. wild4oldcars

wild4oldcars

Jan 22, 2012
    Garner, NC
    just curious, any plans for a pg swap? if it were mine, I honestly could go either way, cuz it looks really great as is :)

11. Runnerman

Mar 14, 2011
    Ok...I gave $150 for it, but with condition and case I felt good about the deal. Guy was asking $185.

12. Runnerman

Mar 14, 2011
    Thanks, I'm happy with it as is...no plans for PG change right now. Not sure what color I would like better to be honest.

13. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Boston, MA
    In that condition, with the molded plastic case in great shape - that's an excellent deal. Well done!

Man, it's just incredible that deals like this can be had. A great sounding US-made P-bass w/case for $150?? Insane. The case alone is worth $75

14. tbplayer59

tbplayer59

Jan 20, 2013
    Nice deal. Was this a craigslist deal? And why does everyone on this board want to change pickguards? Lol

15. ack

ack Why Can't We All Get Along?

Nov 19, 2006
    Somewhere near Raleigh
    I like that combination, too. My Forum has that same aged/antique white body and bright white pg:

DSCF5081-1-1.

16. Not the biggest steal in the world, but certainly a nice deal. U.S. Furys are ridiculously undervalued. As a Peavey lover, I can't complain about it, I just take advantage of it.

Now you just need some tapes on that thing . . . oh wait, that's on mine. :smug:

Seriously, Roto tapes sound amazing on mine. Sort of makes it a one trick pony, but it is one spectacular thumpy trick.

Edit: P.S. congratulations on getting one where the fabric hasn't all been ripped out of the case. I have yet to get one of the tapered cases that still has its cloth liner.

17. One another note:

I love the classic thumpy sound of the Fury, but has anyone tried Fender '62 pickups in theirs? I've been tempted, but I don't actually feel like I'm missing anything with the stock Peavey pickups.

So, am I missing anything with the stock Peavey pickups? :D

(apologies for the highjack, but it certainly does apply to the original topic)

18. Runnerman

Mar 14, 2011
    Yes it was CL. I had posted a rant in Misc forum a week or so ago about the pain of trying to buy on CL. This is the first one that has gone well for me in some time. Patience is the key .....which I don't always have.

19. Runnerman

Mar 14, 2011
    I have been quite impressed with the PUPs so far although I've heard some folks find them weak. They sounded great...classic P thump...with my 125W tube amp through a 6x10. I had in the back of my mind that I would upgrade them if needed anyways. I am going to take it to rehearsal tomorrow night and see how it plays through my 600W Solid state gigging setup. If all goes well, I'll play it on the w/e.

20. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    That doesn't surprise me - all the MIA Peaveys I've checked out had very good fretwork... Congrats - it looks great...

- georgestrings