1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD - Peavey Foundation!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bassguy61, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Bassguy61

Bassguy61

Feb 28, 2008
    Pearl, MS
    Just picked up my new (to me) Peavey Foundation! Will add pics tonight... I know the rules...:) Anway, it's white with maple neck, and based on headstock, I'm guessing late 80's model. It does have the Super Ferrite pickups in it. Only got to play it briefly at Guitar Center, but I love it already! The neck is very comfy for me, the action is just a bit high out of the box, but it's fixable. Just a few tiny scratches and a ding or two, but none through the finish. Not at all heavy like the T40 I had several years back. Came with the same style case as the T40.

I can understand exactly why folks talk about the Super Ferrites as being more agressive Jazz sounding. It fits it perfectly! Jazzish, but just a bit more sizzle and growl. I love it!

A couple of question, if anyone knows... How can I date it based on the serial number? I understand Peavey's old database isn't available any more. Is the another source? Also, and info on what the truss rod adjustment would be? Allen wrench, socket, size? Lastly, at the neck plate, there's a small recessed screw that reminds me of the Fender Micro Tilit. Any info on what that is?

Thanks for any help or info! Loving this bass!

2. Congratulations!

I'd bet that IS a micro-tilt hole. Don't let anyone fool you into sticking rice in there if you have any dead spots.:bag:

3. Bassguy61

Bassguy61

Feb 28, 2008
    Pearl, MS
    Rice for dead spots? That's a new one on me!:D

4. Only foolin'.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/holes-fender-neck-pocket-what-they-879525/

Different hole.

I'm interested to know what you learn about it. My G&L has the micro-tilt and it makes me wonder if there was a micro-tilt phase that some manufacturers went through. I've never had to adjust mine but I would think it takes neck shims out of the equation. I've never ran into need for a shim either though.

I've read a lot of good things about Foundations. Congrats!

5. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate

Aug 14, 2009
    Alabama
    Try the Peavey listing on Wiki for the serial number. The listing is by year.

6. NOVAX

NOVAX

Feb 7, 2009
    Kalifornia
    No pic. No NBD.