1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD - Peavey Fury

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Thunderhead, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Thunderhead

Thunderhead

Apr 5, 2008
    Indiana
    Craigslist find. Purchased for the low, low price of $80. Scratchy tone pot & in desparate need of a setup. But I like it!

20180915_180807.

J-Mags, Teacher, ajkula66 and 8 others like this.
  2. matty1039

matty1039

Oct 26, 2015
    New Orleans
    Nice looking peavey.

3. Eilif

Eilif Holding it down in K-Town. Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    Chicago
    Best $80 you're likely to spend on a bass. Great score!

fretter likes this.
  4. bigtone23

bigtone23

Dec 10, 2014
    Denver, CO
    Yep, those early 90s Fury basses are a bargain at twice the price!

5. You can't get hurt too bad for 80 bux.
    In this case you have scored a solid P ish bass that should be good for years of grins.

6. Looks pretty much identical to the first bass I ever owned. Sold it in my late teens when I was living on my own and hurting for money. Put a lot of hours on that bass. Been thinking about picking up another but most of the ones I find are beat up or have the truss rod area and or string trees looks different. Would have been all over it for that price
    6ABB8C7B-F783-4782-BF35-D910C9FDB236.

bigtone23 and fretter like this.
  7. Thunderhead

Thunderhead

Apr 5, 2008
    Indiana
    I've been on the lookout for a Peavey Patriot for a little while now, because that was the first bass I ever owned. The ones I've seen seem to run $200-$300 though, so I jumped on this Fury when it popped up.

todd burns, Teacher and Nephilymbass like this.
  8. geoffwaite

geoffwaite

Mar 22, 2012
    New England
    Great deal for one in that condition; I spent $80 on a total beater for a restoration project. Fine basses, thinnest fastest neck on a P bass, and the stock pick up is surprisingly good as well. Only complaint is the neck diving balance - fixed by a set of ultralites. Grab a can of contact cleaner for the pot and if your tuning heads rattle - superglue...amazing how well it fixes that.

9. Teacher

Teacher

May 3, 2012
    I have a real soft spot for the old Peavey stuff. My Foundation isn't going anywhere, ever.

bigtone23 likes this.