1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD: Peavey G Bass holo flake

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by non, Sep 10, 2018.

1. non

non

Aug 4, 2015
    i go into my local music store about once a month to see if there is anything interesting. well this beauty caught my eye.
    i saw the bass saturday. they are closed sunday so i did some research.
    once i found out some history about the peavey g bass i started gasing hard. i even left work early monday to buy this bass.
    it is in excellent condition. the volume pot is a little scratchy but everything else is good. i found one small ding in the body. the neck is in beautiful condition in all its glorious carbon fiberness. the weight is 7.8 lbs by my digital scale. i emailed peavey with the serial number to get a date so i am waiting for that. i know because the neck is not painted it is one of the earlier ones with the modulus necks and not the moses necks from what i read. this was called the "poor mans flea bass".
    i am so excited because finds like this never happen to me so woo hoo!!!:bassist::hyper:
    G Bass Front. G Bass Back. G Bass Neck. G Bass Front Close.

GregC, Goatrope, Reedt2000 and 30 others like this.
  2. TerenceE

TerenceE Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2015
    Bad ass man

non likes this.
  3. mech

mech Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2008
    Meridian, MS, USA
    Congrats on the score. You bought an excellent instrument. I have a white pearl and a green metalflake (not holo). The G bass and G Bass V necks were made by Bell & Carlson, a gunstock manufacturer, not Modulus. Modulus only made Peavey's B Quad IV and V necks. IMO the Bell & Carlson neck is also top of the line and stable to the point of boredom. Never have to tweak them. I found the single humbucker a great match with the preamp with the crossover points of the mid control perfect, IMO.

4. non

non

Aug 4, 2015
    right on. thanks for the info. i have been playing the bass for a few hours now and i will say i am smitten by the bass! the neck is truly fabulous and i have been getting great tones out of pup and preamp.

mech likes this.
  5. Bass V

Bass V

Dec 11, 2008
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I'd have quit a job for that babe!

6. Chuck M

Chuck M Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    I have one that I got off Ebay for cheap. Mine is in nearly mint condition and has a black finish with very small and difficult to see metal flakes in it. It really looks black until you get very close.

I agree that Peavey did a great job on the electronics. It is a fantastic and light weight bass.

mech likes this.
  7. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

nice! good looking, too. congratulations on your new instrument! :thumbsup:

8. Runnerman

Runnerman Registered Bass Player Supporting Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Awesome! Beautiful specimen. Congrats!
    And don't forget to join the US Peavey Club.

Shawn Luckman likes this.
  9. Stunning looking bass & please show this beauty on the US Peavey Club :thumbsup::cool:

10. Carl Hillman

Carl Hillman

Jan 1, 2010
    "My God, it's full of stars."

VWEK3xB.

11. pudge

pudge Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2008
    NY
    Congrats,i I love it!:bassist:+drool+:hyper:

12. ThinCrappyTone

ThinCrappyTone Mostly harmless

Oct 1, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    that's a sweet bass

13. LYNCHMAN

LYNCHMAN

Nov 15, 2017
    Richmond VA
    VRRRY NICE!

14. TerenceE

TerenceE Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2015
    Mind telling us what u got it for?

15. And all this time I thought Fleabass was the poor man's Flea bass.

Sweet score, man. Rock it to hell!

16. non

non

Aug 4, 2015
    are there any rules here about saying what you paid for something?

17. Skillet

Skillet Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Louisiana
    It's up to you m8. So, what's the story on these? Intriguing looking beastie to say the least.....

18. Chuck M

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    There is no rule about saying what you paid for a bass. I got mine for $419 off Ebay in a hard case.

19. non

non

Aug 4, 2015
    $270 out the door. no case. i did ask.

20. Chuck M

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    I did great at $419 with a hard case and you did even better at $270. That is a steal. So glad you got it.