NBD!!! (Peavey T-40)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MorningSound, May 19, 2017.

1. MorningSound

MorningSound Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Chicago, IL
    Been on the look out for the right one at the right price for about a year. Picked this up on Reverb for $510 with ohsc. Super clean, cant wait to throw some flatwounds on it!

Attached Files:

2. Aahzz

Aahzz

Aug 28, 2008
    Sweet - a T-40 is on my needs list.

ba55i5t and Ratigan27 like this.
  3. BurnOut

BurnOut It's The Billy Baloney Show In Memoriam

Feb 1, 2015
    The Natti
    Killer, hope your back is up to it.
    Very Nice!

4. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

May 24, 2006
    home
    If my T-40 is anything to go by, you're gonna love yours.

Congratulations on a nice buy. Play it well! :thumbsup:

ba55i5t and H2okie like this.
  5. lug

lug Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    Today you became a man.

6. Very nice @Ratigan27 Congrats.

If the weight starts to bother you try running the strap over the top of your shoulder,where your collar bone ends.
    Your trapezius muscle will tire long before the bony part of your shoulder will so it's worth trying :thumbsup:

7. wvbass

wvbass Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2004
    West Virginia
    I could be wrong, but those look like the same imitation Chucks that I used to wear.

Those are great basses. I try not to be a weight weenie, but mine is just too heavy to hang from a strap for very long.

Ratigan27 likes this.
  8. MorningSound

Aug 16, 2014
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks! So far I am really enjoying it. Looking forward to bringing to next rehearsal.

9. MorningSound

Aug 16, 2014
    Chicago, IL
    lol. ill take it as my bass bar mitzah

10. MorningSound

Aug 16, 2014
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks for the tip, much appreciated! :bassist:

11. @Ratigan27

I'm a big fan of the T40's so always try counter the posts regarding weight.
    Plenty jazz basses weigh 10-12lb but folks never mention that :D

ba55i5t likes this.
  12. MorningSound

Aug 16, 2014
    Chicago, IL
    @kodiakblair

I will keep that mind, so far it has not felt bad, even holding it side by side with my MIJ Jag I have not noticed a huge difference. I am going to wait until I have it strapped on for a couple of practices or my first show with it, before I give an "expert" opinion hahaha.

kodiakblair likes this.
  13. deeptubes

deeptubes

Feb 21, 2011
    Excellent! Tons of tonal variety. I think the weight on these is blown out of proportion. Mine weighs about 9 1/2, 10 lbs (bathroom scale), which I consider to be in the average range.
    Glad I bought mine when I did. Had a feeling the cost of these would steadily rise. Was able to snag a '79 PAF in excellent condition for under $240 about 4 years ago.

nuhckes8 likes this.
  14. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    That one looks to be in great shape, very clean. :)

15. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    Very cool!.

Congrats!

16. svlilioukalani

svlilioukalani Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Seattle, Wa
    I got one a month or two ago. The T-40 has been big on my list of basses I wanted to try. And I must say there amazing basses. Nice playing tone machines. The electionics are strange but highly effective.

17. I've had two of 'em and I couldn't hang with the weight, but I still think about getting another one because they really are great basses. You'll love it with flats.

18. UNICORN BASS

UNICORN BASS

Feb 10, 2016
    Michigan USA
    My 78', that i foolishly sold, weighed the thick end of 13lbs, my 83' weighs 11.3. Congrats to the OP and hey, slap some tape wounds on it, you can thank me later!

19. lug

lug Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    I recommend to new owners to try rolling the tones below "7" both separately and together to find the sound they like most. I generally go with the neck as a single coil and the bridge as humbucker but everyone likes something different.

20. opivy3056

opivy3056 stardust in a light beam Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2004
    San Diego
    You might have a lighter one. Mine is very noticeably heavier than my jazz bass. The weight doesn't really bother me though, just make sure you get a good strap!

Just like my jazz, my favorite tones are found by rolling back the pickup volume of either the neck or bridge ever so slightly. Congrats!

Ratigan27 likes this.