1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD! Peavey Zodiac DE

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassmanAK, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Well.... New to me...:D

Anyways, I picked this beast up from a fellow TB'er for a steal, and have been playing the bejeezus out of it all day. Just snapped a pic , and am posting on a break....:bassist:
    Peavey Zodiac DE, which is the Dave Ellefson model. It's got The SD QP P/J set, which I have found to be quite the combo. Very, VERY aggressive, ballsy tone to be had here, folks. But sounds great on the variety of things I have been playing. After reading the mixed reviews on this set, I put my vote in for a +1, but YMMV.
    Neck is an interesting shape, sort of a P-thickness meets J-width.
    Nice balance for a 4-inline.
    And this is my first 4-string in 15 years!
    After being an exclusive five-string player, I figured it was time to shake it up a bit. :hyper:

I mostly wanted to post this for all of y'all who have any hang-ups about buying here, as:
    1. This was my first purchase through TB.
    2. The deal was killer.
    3. The shipping on time.
    4. The seller to was a cool dude to deal with.

Back to Jammin'!

Zodiac1.

2. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Nice! Is that pickguard black or mirrored? Enjoy!

3. It's a chrome metal P/G.

Which might make THIS the best bass for-----(Needle scratch)

4. Exploiter8

Exploiter8 Demons run when a good man goes to war

Jan 18, 2010
    Midwest
    Commercial FREE!
    I picked up one from the 'bay a couple of months ago and I love it! Came with a nice molded case too. I threw on a set of Ken Smith Slick Rounds, Straplocks, and Planet Waves NS mini-tuner from BassStringsOnline and after a quick setup I was good to go. I jammed with it a couple weeks ago and LOVED it!

I had to get a Metric Allen Wrench set for the bridge and truss rod adjustments.

X8

0ec2ca25.