1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD pt 2. Second G&L L2000 this week!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by armybass, Mar 22, 2018.

1. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    85C071CA-55E3-4AC4-9989-2119A727CEC5.jpeg 864BB58F-21AE-4C2C-9301-76A124E8512E.jpeg

The top bass was delivered from Rocket Music to my door Tuesday and the beauty below was delivered today. They both remind me of how much of an L2K fan I am and have established my path back on the G&L bandwagon. They sound and play out of this world.

Thank you G&L, Greg and Rocket Music and of course Talkbass. It’s so nice to go home to one of my strongest musical roots. The L2000 sounds even better than I remembered. The return of a long lost friend... two even.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    tubatodd, BassmanM, metron and 10 others like this.
  2. armybass

Jul 19, 2001
    I play in a few different bands and also sub and half of my gigs are tuned to E and the other half Eb. So I justify getting two of each bass I like based upon that rather flimsy reasoning. :)

RocketMusic, Joshua and biguglyman like this.
  3. bdgotoh

bdgotoh Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Pacific NW
    So how do those two compare tonally, Scott? The body woods are different, I'm curious how the burst sounds.

armybass likes this.
  4. armybass

Jul 19, 2001
    The burst is louder and has more punch. It has a strong lo mid presence. The Natural is more scooped and snappy but quieter. Both sound brilliant and are tonal beasts. The burst has a chunky neck to but both play awesome.

bdgotoh likes this.
  5. armybass

Jul 19, 2001
    Brad I just played them both and the CLF is a sweet playing and full sounding bass. It has great finger style tone and wicked slap tone. The new G&L is just a tad better... at everything. The burst is a tonal bulldozer as Ed Friedland said.

Joshua and bdgotoh like this.
  6. 4sight

4sight Supporting Member

That 'burst is gorgeous, I'm not a fan of the control plate on the other one. I'd love to play one someday, I've heard only good things! Enjoy them both :)

armybass likes this.
  7. bdgotoh

bdgotoh Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Pacific NW
    Thanks Scott!

armybass likes this.