1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD RIC 4003SW

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by foolforthecity, Jun 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. foolforthecity

foolforthecity Supporting Member

IMG_0105.JPG Just got back from Fuller's Guitar in Houston with a new 4000sw. It's a 2-hour drive one way but I really like that place and Slim got me a great deal I couldn't pass up. Great variable tones with a punchy, tight and fat bottom with crystal highs, just like my 4000W just behind it.

2. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth

Jan 2, 2015
    heart of darkness
    Nice mirror you've got it standing next too, makes it look like there are two of them :eek:

3. Mark76

Mark76

Dec 1, 2015
    Leicester
    Funny sort of mirror that shows the front view of an object with its back towards it :p

AND... Adds binding

4. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    Actually, if you look close, you can see a shadow of the third bass...

... the '17 Rickenbacker 'Dracula' 0!!0... cloaked in darkness, midnight black (only), and has plenty of bite...

TolerancEJ and foolforthecity like this.
  5. that would look great with a black pickguard...with the lack of binding and the black dot markers a black pg would tie it together nicely..IMO

foolforthecity likes this.
  6. foolforthecity

Now you got me thinking... I need one... wonder where a good quality one can be had? Never looked for RIC parts before. Thinking about removing the treble cover and adding in a bezel as well on this new bass

Spidey2112 likes this.
  7. PaulBoyer

PaulBoyer Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 27, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Pickguardian is your best bet when it comes to pick guards for a Rick.

8. Paul is correct..I got mine from Pickguardian. It's a quality piece and it fit perfectly

9. I already stated that Pickguardian is the place for pick guards but they also make a bridge pup surround that replaces all the of the chrome parts including the metal surround..but, my choice for a pup bezel is the one from Tubeampolgy..they make a real nice one..you can even get one with a built in thumb rest..if you do a search here for Rickenbacker pup bezel(or use other key words) you should easily find it (and the one from Pickguardian) or go the the Ric club thread here..LOTS of info there..

10. foolforthecity

Thanks Rekesbass! I'm going to try the one with the indented thumb rest and see how that flies for me

rekesbass likes this.
  11. wagdog

wagdog Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2000
    Waiting for the bus
    I was just playing my 4003SW before I saw this thread. The best Ric I've ever owned or played.

12. foolforthecity

Searching for a black pickguard... yummy I think your color recommendation is on target

rekesbass likes this.
  13. My avatar pic shows my 4003 with black Pickguardian pickguard..although it's not easy to see..I ordered mine with an edge bevel..here's a better pic 18268413_10154799627829585_6391937333480842030_n.

14. Boristhespyder

Boristhespyder Supporting Member

It is a Ricosight mirror. Is there any difference in the sound? I have the SW and am GAS'ing for a Fireglo but just found a NOS Gibson SG and had to get that first.

15. Boristhespyder

Boristhespyder Supporting Member

IMG_0072.JPG
    I wonder if one could get a Dude pickguard.....it would tie the whole bass together.