1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD - Rockoon RCB 50 lespaul bass. Need string gauge suggestion.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hoangduong212, Nov 3, 2016.

1. hoangduong212

hoangduong212

Sep 10, 2015
    Bought this from 1 of my friend for $90, can't be wrong with this price. After a few search, this bass was made in 198x. Beat up alot with scratches & bumps, knob & nut have been changed. Suprisingly high output volume, almost same level with my Ibanez with active EMG.
    Strings on this bass feel quite floppy, since this is a short scale. Do you guys have any suggestion for which gauge should I get for it? I play mainly rock music with distortion, looking for bright tone & better tension string...

Attached Files:

2. el_Bajo_Verde

el_Bajo_Verde

May 18, 2016
    USA
    I think you just need some short-scale bass strings and you're good to go!

3. lz4005

lz4005

Oct 22, 2013
    Get a set that's .010 thicker on the E string for the shorty than what you have on your long scale for a similar feel.
    Make sure they're the right ball-to-taper length.

4. hoangduong212

hoangduong212

Sep 10, 2015
    Thanks guys, so the short scale string will have shorter length than regular string?

5. ajkula66

ajkula66

Sep 23, 2016
    NEPA
    Yes.

La Bella have been my strings of choice on short scale basses for decades now. I only play roundwounds, but they have a nice selection of flatwounds as well.

hoangduong212 likes this.