1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD! Roscoe Century Standard 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Session1969, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Session1969

Session1969

Dec 2, 2010
    Here we go, ladies and gents ! I really like how this bass looks as much as I like how she sounds/plays. Nice versatility and great craftsmanship. I went against common sense by picking it up online and without trying it first. Roscoe has such a good rep I was willing to take a chance and I did good. I'm familiar with the NTMB preamp (from a modded 55-01 I had) which I find to be very usable throughout a gig because I can go from Rock to Reggae to Funk and whatever else. The only ash/maple I've had before was a DJ4 and it was pretty bright. Great, though. This bass can go nice and deep to pretty bright so the versatility is there and that's really what I was looking for. :)

Attached Files:

2. Good to hear. I may have to buy without trying myself

3. JOME77

JOME77

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Yeah! It doesn't get any better than a Roscoe! :bassist:

Congratulations and welcome the the Roscoehead world!

4. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    No pics no bass ;-)

5. Session1969

Session1969

Dec 2, 2010
    I'm trying but uploading keeps failing from my iphone.

6. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Can you give a link to what one looks like and Congrts sounds like an awesome bass.

7. Session1969

Session1969

Dec 2, 2010
    Picture is uploaded up top.