1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD - Roscoe SKB Standard Plus 5 string

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bass Viking, Nov 24, 2017.

1. This is my new Roscoe SKB Standard Plus 5 string that arrived today from Club Bass & Guitar in Toronto. I’ve long wanted a Roscoe and this one was priced low enough that I couldn’t resist. It has an oil-finished Spanish cedar body, myrtle top, maple neck and a wenge fingerboard. The pickups and preamp are Bartolini NTMB. According to Club Bass it weighs 8.5 pounds.

It sounds and plays GREAT. It will be even better when I put stainless steel strings on it (currently strung with D’addario nickel round wounds). Here are some pics and videos. If you have any questions, fire away!

DSC00817.JPG DSC00818.JPG DSC00819.JPG DSC00820.JPG

Fingerstyle:

Slap:

Dave Siff, JLY, nyde7 and 2 others like this.
  2. campbems

campbems Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    Nice bass...I got my first Roscoe this week too and I love it. Sounds really good with the bart electronics.

Bass Viking likes this.
  3. Yours is a great looking axe! How does it stack up to your Warriors?

4. campbems

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson

I believe it’s the best sounding bass with more useable tones to choose from with the PJ combo. The build is better than all of my Warriors. Playability is about the same as both have amazing necks. This Being my first Roscoe has truly amazed me and got me wanting more lol.

JLY likes this.
  5. I like a bass with the PJ combo too, but I was after the Roscoe sound so I went with this SKB.

campbems likes this.
  6. campbems

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    I was after the traditional Roscoe myself but run upon this one with an amazing wood top. I had to have it and I’m glad I did. Just sold a bass so now I’m looking for another Roscoe with more traditional pickups.

7. In case anyone is wondering, my bass cost 3000 Canadian $$. That's 2332 US $$. A great price, even after tax and shipping!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
    campbems likes this.
  8. campbems

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    @Bass Viking

I'm guessing that last comment was supposed to be on another thread?

9. Oops, I see what you mean. I just edited my post to clarify I'm referring to my bass.

10. Here's another video: