NBD... Sadowsky MV4...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Spidey2112, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    Just received, this past Tuesday... Here's the all important box, shipped FedEx Ground. It seemed like it took forever (impatient, on my part) with not a day going by that I didn't refer to them as FedEx Grounded... however, the shipment was delivered intact (and on time), so they're no longer grounded.

IMAG1393_BURST002.jpg

I had shown interest in several used Sadowskys, within the TalkBass forum, but for whatever reason, things just didn't seem to work out. I looked on Sadowsky's site, using the dealer locator link, finding a newly opened (late 2016) boutique shop in Charlotte, North Carolina. The link is below:

Custom Quality Guitars in Charlotte NC ยป Midwood Guitar Studio

My contact person was Dan Hood. Dan is not only the manager at Midwood, he's also an Emmy winning local musician, multi-instrumentalist, and guitarist who has been playing professionally for over 12 years. The customer service he provided was exemplary, taking the time to answer all my questions, as well as quickly getting back to me. It was refreshing, to say the least, that it still exists...

What's that you're sitting on, Spidey?

IMAG1396.jpg

No, Spidey... that's not a Spidey-House-Key. It's pronounced... AWESOME. I was pleasantly surprised the MV4 shipped in a hybrid-like case (soft outer, hard inner shell)... for some unknown reason, I thought it would arrive in a gig bag... again, pleasantly surprised (and relieved). Dan was nice enough to include a little case candy, in the form of a T-shirt from Midwood Guitar Studio... there's several musicians where I work, and Dan knows a little advertising goes a long way, especially when you're trying to establish a business, early on...

IMAG1386.jpg

I'm really not a photographer, and the pics I take are not the best at showing how beautiful this bass actually is, but here is a professional shot, before it left Midwood... the wood grain really pops out, under the top coat, displaying a marble like quality...

IMG_1173-20170111-110435663.jpg

... just beautiful! Here's a full shot, sans children knocking it over...

IMAG1395.jpg

... and one more stock photo, for the road...

600_Sadowsky_MV4_Trans_White_4-2014_1_.JPG

... two words... Yum, Me! This particular MV4 weighs in @ exactly 9lbs... I carry most of my coworkers, so it shouldn't be a problem. After this point, any comments, concerns, or questions will be redirected to the Department of Finance, as I will more than likely require their assistance in paying this off, in a timely manner...

... I was going to tell you guys that you're a bad influence, but then realized I would be in total agreement with my wife, so there will be none of THAT! See ya', brothers and sisters!

2. drooldrooldrooldrooldrool

Mmmm Sadowsky, I'm jealous...

Spidey2112 likes this.