1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD Sandberg TM

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by thorstiborsti, Feb 14, 2016.

Tags:
  1. I actually had this one since Xmas. Since the prices for used and new Sandbergs in the US are rather ridiculously high (why, I don't know), I bought this one on German eBay for 900$ and had it shipped to my parents in Germany. I picked it up when I visited for the holidays and took off the neck and put the bass in my suitcase. Tight fit but it made it to the States unscathed. I really like the feel of the Sandberg and it handles better than my MIM Fender Jazz.

Attached Files:

2. JACink

JACink

Mar 9, 2011
    Spain
    Sandberg make some beautiful basses!! Congrats.

thorstiborsti likes this.
  3. DJ '65

DJ '65

Oct 16, 2015
    Awesome!

4. aguacollas

aguacollas

Jan 19, 2008
    Spain
    I like Sandbergs.
    I am curious about their masterpiece option in custom shop. I heard a guy playing a California like yours on a shop and was better than any fender he played before.

5. I think the Masterpiece option is just in regards to the aging/relicing of the bass. The wood of the body/neck are aged in a special way and so is every little detail like the hardware etc. I never saw a masterpiece bass in person but I bet they are sweet. I also have a VM which I love as well

aguacollas likes this.
  6. bassyogi

bassyogi

Jul 23, 2012
    Sardis Ohio
    Sandberg makes great basses. The masterpiece is supposed to have heat treatment and also a vibration treatment. But to be honest, I have a soft aged TT5 and a masterpiece TM5 and I cant really tell a difference soundwise other than one being a Jazz and the other having a humbucker. The masterpiece finish is insane if you're into relics. Hands down my favorite basses. Contemplating selling some gear to order a forty eight too.

DJ '65 and aguacollas like this.