1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD: Schecter P4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Isaiah Finney, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Isaiah Finney

Isaiah Finney

Mar 14, 2021
    Haven't seen much of anything on these basses so I figured I'd post something about them. I got the 3 tone sunburst model with maple fret and alder body. VERY FAST neck, one of the best neck pockets I've had especially for this price point,straight neck , action was a tad to low but easy fix. On a odd note being that it has no pickup cover it makes it much easier to play finger style. Speaking of the pickup it seems not far off from a traditional p-bass pickup just a but more output and more tonally balanced. The bass itself is not to heavy but doesn't feel like a toy either and zero dive. Frets are great even in the upper register. My single gripe with the bass is the nut could've fitted better as there is a tiny bit of overhang on the bass side.

If you're looking for a P-bass with a very modern feel the price tag is well worth it at 899$.

odarellmc and filler83 like this.
  2. Bassclef46

Bassclef46

Feb 1, 2021
    The worlds first invisible bass. Congrats!

3. Bleecker

Bleecker Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2006
    Etown NY. USA
    Hello and welcome to talkbass. The first rule to know around here is: "no picture, didn't happen".

Cheers!

odarellmc likes this.
  4. odarellmc

odarellmc Supporting Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Chicago
    I just purchased the P5, I like everything about it except the neck dive, playing the bass is a challenge without a strap..

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 13, 2021