NBD - Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 trans purple

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Koldunya, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Koldunya

Koldunya

Dec 26, 2021
    USA
    IMG_5308.jpg
    IMG_5306.jpg
    IMG_5307.jpg

I’m a little tweaked about the scratch behind the 4th/low E string unamused.png I didn’t even notice it until I was taking pictures, though, and I did get it for $200 off already 2.png I’m not returning it, but maybe I can get a little extra off eyes.png That seems like I’m being petty, though.

I really do love the Stiletto body shape, and Schecter necks are turning out to be tu blave. And it was intonated perfectly, too, as well as being built in South Korea vs Indonesia smiley.png Allegedly the better place out of the two I've read?

(I'm leaving the over-sized emoji lol.... hilarious XD )

2. songwriter21

songwriter21 I have an obsession for wood. The musical kind. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    I snagged one, too, before '21 was over, luckily. Also luckily, I was able to fit a Schaller bridge on (had one on my parts shelf), so the action could be way lower than the stock bridge. I had to move the string spacers all to the left, because of the different bridge placement, but no new holes had to be drilled.

There are blemishes on mine, of which Musician's Friend didn't spot (finishing splotches on the headstock), so they knocked off $50, taking the price down to under $670.

After some Gotoh Resolites (also on my parts shelf) and Q-Parts knobs were put on, it's a stellar bass for the money...imo, rivals a Spector Euro I once had, and that says a lot.

Resized_20211107_203322.jpeg

Resized_20211107_203415.jpeg

3. B-Mac

B-Mac Just like Aretha Sang... R-E-S-P-E-C-T Supporting Member

If there’s a scratch I can’t see it from what you posted while looking at it on my iPhone. I’m sure you can though.

Worth a try getting some money off. Best of luck.:thumbsup:

4. B-Mac

B-Mac Just like Aretha Sang... R-E-S-P-E-C-T Supporting Member

I think your S/N starts with W or WK which stands for the ‘World Korea’ factory.
    They’ve been around and have made many basses and guitars for many manufacturers.

examples

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
    Koldunya likes this.
  5. I came close to pulling the trigger on one of those. I loved the neck. Congratulations!

B-Mac likes this.
  6. Koldunya

Koldunya

Dec 26, 2021
    USA
    Finally got a strap for it I love. Purple instruments seem hard to find straps for (almost as hard as the instruments themselves lol), either straight purple or black/grey, or it's the wrong purple, other colors, etc.

I feel like the gothiness of this goes really well with the Stiletto, which really comes across with a gothic rock/metal sorta vibe:
    IMG_5316.jpg

Blues Bass 2 likes this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 28, 2022