1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD: Schecter USA Model - T

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Jul 7, 2017.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I was able to score a good deal on this mint condition 1999 Schecter Custom Shop Model - T. It's a Swamp Ash - Maple/Rosewood combo. Before the bass shipped from the dealer, I had the stock Duncans swapped out for a set of the new Michael Anthony Schecter Monstertone pickups. Michael Anthony 78 Signature : Michael Anthony 78 Signature Bass Pickups

Fedex will be dropping this off to me tomorrow: :hyper::bassist::hyper::bassist:

VBt_body_zpsc9dak2he.
    VB_T_Head_zpslwnlvjfs.
    VB_T_back_zpsvuxaoqo4.

As most of my instruments are green in finish, I'm going to have to follow suite with this one. This is my current refinish idea: candy apple green burst
    19575213_10210688128300999_7969316425247312553_o_zpsfed87dul.

2. GK Growl

GK Growl

Dec 31, 2011
    That is awesome! I've always loved the look of these (and Robert DeLeo playing them!). Is that MA bridge pickup a true single coil?

Tbone76 likes this.
  3. MAJOR METAL

Yes it is. The pair is a hotter version of their standard Monstertone pickups.

4. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    Are you planning to cover up that awesome looking green burst with the pickguard?

5. MAJOR METAL

Yes. I think the pickguard gives this model it's distinctive look.

Tbone76 likes this.

6. Schecter Custom Shop- Nice!

I'd leave it 'burst, but if Green is your Scene...
    That's good too!:thumbsup:

MAJOR METAL likes this.
  7. JGR

JGR The "G" is for Gustav Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 29, 2006
    Maryland
    President, CEO, CFO, CIO, Chief Engineer, Technician, Janitor - Reiner Amplification
    Please, no green. Keep it as it was meant to be!

8. MAJOR METAL

This bass came with a set of Ernie Balls that I killed pretty fast. I just restrung it tonight with a set of SIT Rock Bright Steel, and man is it singing. So good!

9. el_Bajo_Verde

el_Bajo_Verde

May 18, 2016
    Minneapolis
    It's totally your choice, and green is my favorite color (hence my name) But I am totally digging that wood grain! I'd at least consider a transparent green finish on that!

10. FingerDub

FingerDub

Jan 8, 2016
    Man, that green bass is HELLA sexy. I have a big soft spot for green basses.

MAJOR METAL likes this.