1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD SEREK SACRAMENTO BASS

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Alan Scharrer, Dec 14, 2018.

1. 1214181156.jpg 1214181155c.jpg 1214181155b.jpg 1214181155a.jpg 1214181155.jpg

Enjoy with me a true work of art and workhorse bass. Jake Serek has once again outdone himself with this very versatile Sacremento Bass. 2 very warm wide ranging TV Jones Thunderblade humbuckers style pickups that at times give single coil type sound only fuller. Blend, volume and tone knobs add exactly what is needed in all musical settings. Neck through with string through to maximize the tone of the mahogany body and Rosewood neck. Oh, and enjoy the beauty of the pearloid inlaid binding. All for a cost that is below most MIA basses and certainly below custom shop cost, likely better quality. Hand made one at a time...a true treasure! Better order yours NOW!!!
    ( PS, this is an unsolicited post as I have NO direct Association with Mr Serek.... until NOW! Now he can be my personal luthier)

Bogun, remcult, Jackcrow and 40 others like this.
  2. nbsipics

nbsipics Ours' is the only Reality of Consequence Gold Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2016
    What a beautiful bass - and I be it plays great too!. One of those is on my radar. Enjoy!

jamro217, nixdad and Alan Scharrer like this.
  3. It needs to be in your home. The neck is thinner, fast and smooth. I simply cannot put it down!

jamro217 likes this.
  4. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    Very nice, Congrats!

jamro217 and Alan Scharrer like this.
  5. Better shot of the binding. 1214181242.jpg

6. salcott

salcott Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2007
    NYC, Inwood.
    I have a Midwestern 2 that has my other bass guitars sitting in their cases.

HD007, jamro217 and Alan Scharrer like this.
  7. Anachronism

Anachronism Supporting Member

Nov 17, 2014
    MO
    I've been contemplating a semi-hollow since playing one at CME. Great builds.

Spaceman Ian and Alan Scharrer like this.
  8. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

looks like it has all the features! it's a great looking ax. congrats on your new instrument! :thumbsup:

Alan Scharrer likes this.
  9. Mustang Surly

Mustang Surly

Jul 10, 2013
    Very nice. Congrats!

My own preference would be semi-hollow with 2 Bi-Sonic type pups, but I ain't got the spare coin right now.

Something mebbe along these lines:

WZCnY6M.jpg

BayingRidge, DrSteve, AL_BASS and 9 others like this.
  10. I looked at that as well but needed a solid body. I don't think you can go wrong with that

11. Anachronism

Anachronism Supporting Member

Nov 17, 2014
    MO
    I like the Rick-like pickup positions on these. I wonder how it would sound to move the bridge pickup into more of a 4005 position.

12. Congrats! Beautiful bass!

13. CapnSev

CapnSev

Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    I’m in love with these basses. What scale length did you go with?

14. Cowboy in Latvia

Cowboy in Latvia

Mar 1, 2015
    Honestly it looks like a cartoon version of a Ric. In a good way. Enjoy it.

15. 34"

16. May look like that but plays like a J Bass neck with balls like a Warwick/Gibson/Stingray

Cowboy in Latvia likes this.
  17. B-line

B-line Inactive

I totally dig Serek's "retro-vibe" and his array (and your choice) of pups is da bomb.

Congrats-Happy NBD. Nothing compares, not even B-days.

I would not mind one of his long-scale basses one damn bit (like I need another bass):roflmao:

18. Cowboy in Latvia

Cowboy in Latvia

Mar 1, 2015
    Even better. Gotta love how looks have little to do with sound. We still listen with our eyes too much.

19. matante

matante

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Beautiful bass. I'd love a black one with 32" scale.

FYI,
    Workhorse: a person or machine that dependably performs hard work over a long period of time.

We can't claim something is a workhorse if we just bought it. Time will tell.

20. burgerdj

burgerdj

Dec 4, 2006
    Awesome. Can we organize a group nag for him to make a 5 string? Semi-hollow old school fiver.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021