1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD: Short scale mudbucker loveliness.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Blazer, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Blazer

Blazer

Nov 27, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Rogue luthier employed at Knooren Handcrafted bass guitars
    [​IMG]
    Not the actual one I bought but the same model and color.

With the death of my cat I figured i'd treat myself to a new instrument to make the mourning process easier.

So I went to Der Musikstore in Cologne Germany to buy myself an Epi EB-0 because of it being a funny cool bass to have lying around, or to play in my lazy chair watching TV, not to mention that a Short scale, mudbucker equipped bass has a cool, thudding sound which with my Reggae project would be of good use.

The thing with the Musikstore however is that you choose a bass, you lay down the cash and then they give you a receipt and then you have to wait at the counter for them to fetch one from their storage facility, so you don't get the bass you played in the store.

It's the luck of the draw but fortunately, the one I got was actually much nicer than the example they had in the store itself.

I'm already thinking of recording a song in the style of The Spiders from mars with fuzzbass from this cool little epi.