NBD: Silver and gold

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BBassBassington, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Stock

90 vote(s)
    54.2%
  2. Tort

21 vote(s)
    12.7%
  3. White

9 vote(s)
    5.4%
  4. Silver Sparkle

8 vote(s)
    4.8%
  5. Anodized gold

22 vote(s)
    13.3%
  6. Sell all your possessions and invest in carrots

16 vote(s)
    9.6%
  1. bassfreakah

bassfreakah

Mar 26, 2011
    Endorsing Artist Ernie ball strings
    Bro the black looks great!!!!!
    Wonderful looking bass!!!

BBassBassington likes this.
  2. BBassBassington

BBassBassington

May 6, 2018
    Ontario
    That's beautiful, relevant, and helpful. Thank you! Great work on the paint, I love the gold decal on the headstock.:cool:

HardNHeavy and N4860 like this.
  3. BBassBassington

BBassBassington

May 6, 2018
    Ontario
    They call it diamond anniversary. Lots of people seem to be digging the idea of a pearl guard.

4. BBassBassington

BBassBassington

May 6, 2018
    Ontario
    I've got the bits and intention of doing just that! Black guard for now I think and next time I'm board I'll swap the screws. The nut and washer I'll have to pick up some time but I'm starting a job beside a hardware store. So that should happen sooner or later too. I've even got some black knobs that I could throw on it.:cool:

Black Out Jazz likes this.
  5. HardNHeavy

HardNHeavy

Apr 17, 2014
    earth

Thanks man..it's a refin, originally sunburst, sanded it to bare wood,..there's like 10 cans of clearcoat on it...haha. I wanted shoreline gold, but decided on something called dupli-color "Champagne Pearl"... Dunno why i got the "gold bug" they look so classy imo. I saw this particular pic online and wanted a new project in a PJ.

goldpbasscase.jpg

6. Black Out Jazz

Black Out Jazz Suspended Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2021
    location is overrated
    That is a fantastic finish.

7. BBassBassington

BBassBassington

May 6, 2018
    Ontario
    No problem! I don't see anything wrong with lots of clearcoat. I don't beleive in the whole the wood needs to breathe thing. On an electric bass it's there to hold stuff and look pretty. lol

The right gold in the right places does look really classy. I think you made a good choice! Funny enough I'm not a big fan of the gold Vinteras but I've never seen one in person. I find that makes a huge difference with gold.

Like the metallic almond (I think that's what they call it) Epiphone Embassy. Online it looks pretty meh but I saw one at L&M and it's just plain pretty. If there's any Epiphone/Gibson bass I'd ever own it'd be one of those.

8. BBassBassington

BBassBassington

May 6, 2018
    Ontario
    @Black Out Jazz You might like this. My pickup screws were too big and my all black knobs too small but it's still more black.
    20210615_170137.jpg

And while I have 3 P basses (the black one is up for sale buuuut it might find its way into staying)
    20210615_170119.jpg

9. Black Out Jazz

Black Out Jazz Suspended Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2021
    location is overrated
    Black is beautiful, baby! :D

BBassBassington and Nuage420 like this.
  10. BBassBassington

BBassBassington

May 6, 2018
    Ontario
    I agree. I'm very tempted to replace the PJ's hardware with black Hipshot stuff, and use it's hardware on the white fretless. Who knows though with me. I go through gear at a scary rate. lol

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 26, 2021