1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD Spector Euro LX-4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Spent, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Spent

Spent

May 15, 2011
    Upstate NY
    Well, after a lot of soul searching and a lot of help from the TB community, I made the purchase; a new Spector LX-4 with matte finish. The picture is from the shop I purchased it from since it is a good quality. What it doesn't show is the flame maple is on top of alder with a layer of walnut between them. Very sharp looking.

It was a tough decision because the boss (wife) thought 18 guitars were too many (I know?) and that if I wanted this one, I'd have to trade one. I reluctantly decided that I could live without my MusicMan Bongo HS Stealth; it just wasn't me. I justified it by telling myself that I'd rather it go to someone who would appreciate and play it rather than just sit in my basement.

Two members of my band called in last night, so I couldn't try it at practice. I was resigned to play, alone, through my MarkBass CMD102P. The verdict, WOW! This is my third Spector, I have a legend classic and an NS2000/5, so I appreciate the Spector sound, but I was still amazed when I played it. I have a Ric, USA Jazz, Yamaha, had the Bongo, and while they're all great bases, I just always find myself playing Spectors.

Thanks to all who talked me through yesterday, you were correct, it was the right choice.

677a79bab179d7770ef8285c1a5ad387_zps6ffbc6a0.

growler571 likes this.
  2. Wow! That's very pretty :D Congrats!

3. Spent

Spent

May 15, 2011
    Upstate NY
    Thanks! It plays and sounds as good as it looks.

4. sumgruuvz

sumgruuvz Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Kansas
    congrats! very nice. you should post in the spector club and get a #. the door is always open to spector owners ;)

5. tomydacat

tomydacat Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2009
    RVA
    WOW Congrats I believe you will own more now welcome to GAS central HAHA

6. StevieMac

StevieMac

Mar 17, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Beautiful bass, serious congrats!

7. Spent

Spent

May 15, 2011
    Upstate NY
    Thanks! It is a beautiful bass. I'm almost embarrassed to admit how much equipment I own. Sometimes I walk into a small local music store and think to myself "I've got more than they have." Luckily my stuff is in three locations, so I never have to deal with it all at one time.